• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

Merry Xmas good sir, I see three more dough balls in the back, more pies?

Perfection.

I'm with ya PIC 1.

Cheers!

xmas_eve_margherita.jpg

a few more from earlier

White Pie.....Smoked Mozzarella, Fontina, Ricotta Salata and a drizzle of Calabrian Chili Oil

All white and pink in the middle.......with the addition of Hot Capicola.

Smoked Provola with smoked Bacon, Pepperdew and dabs of fresh milled Tomatoes.

I enjoyed this one !

Cherry Tomatoes and Bafala Mozzarella........plain and simple

Two minute bake in the BGE and the tomatoes were heated through just enough......and juicy

Fresh Mozzarella, Goat and Talleggio cheeses, Artichoke Hearts, Slivered Hot Caprese Salami

That's all she wrote.....time to drank !

grantmichaels said:
PIC1 - Have you tried Neonata? It's good times ... pretty uniquely tasty!

I've used Neonata and a few similar products mixed into a Cabonara/Linguine dish.......not on a pizza,....yet, 
cypresshill1973 said:
Nice pizzas PIC1.

Last pics are pizzas without tomato sauce?

Yes last few pizza's are cheese no sauce.......I might make a couple more this afternoon

A couple of pies today, first one starts out with a puree of Lemon Grass, Thai Basil, Thai Chili's, Asian Chives and Mustard Oil.

The dough is topped with the Thai Pesto, grated Scarmorza Cheese, Cipollini Onions, Chicken Wing Meat and sliced Thai Chili's.

Ultra thin crust pizza was baked at 550 F on a screen over a pizza stone, in a conventional oven for 12 minutes.

This pizza starts out with a regular thickness pizza dough topped with Hawaiian Barbeque Sauce, leftover Smoked Ham, fresh Pineapple,  Bacon and a 50/50 blend of grated Mozzarella/Provolone.

The pizza was topped with sliced Red Onion and Green Thai Chili's have way through the bake. The pizza was baked on a screen at 425 F for 15 minutes.

Last slice ......for a week or two..........or after a 20 lb weight loss....... :P

PIC1 is the EF Hutton of pizza posting. Am I showing my age with that one? What I meant to say is when you post we listen!!! Those are all amazing pies. I would push my grandma down the steps to get a piece of that Hawaiian one. Also, I too love the plain pie with the variety of grape tomatoes.

The one and only time I made 100% homemade pizza (meaning I made my own pizza dough) it cost a good bit more, took 3 hours, and was gone in 5 minutes.

I love it.....LOVE IT!!...but I just can't find the motivation to repeat it. The dough mix that requires hot water and a rise time (Martha White is awesome) really is a far as I'd ever go. Most of the time we use Boboli or Kroger pre-made crusts.

Pizza night at our house is, though, a very big deal. We all get together and buy our favorite toppings, press out our dough, and create our own individual pies. The best part is trying everyone's "inventions". It's a great time.....almost as much fun as fondue!

I do love watching the love you all are putting in to these!

Take one of these recipes that make 6 pies and freeze a few extra dough or support the pizza joints your call

Back