• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essegi, all I can say is, do your best to keep it true to cornbread. The line where it is not cornbread anymore I cannot define. The voters will do that. :)

Corndogs are actually a pretty awesome food. I once had a dream of a corndog food truck with all kinds of dogs and sausages, and different cornbreads, with peppers, etc. Haha. One day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Food trucks are passé now. I think it will be in a bar. :beer:

Love corn-dog's ...

I sometimes consider renting a unit in a strip mall and taking all my gear and getting it inspected or doing the certification process otherwise for co-packing ...

Think Hackerspace for diet/nutrition/foodie folks ... like my friends who sell meals to their personal training clients ... or people who prepare meals for gluten-free households ...

We have a lot of these folks in town, at least right now (post recession) we do anyways ...

People here have left the Nat'l gyms and are going to boutique locations and doing one-on-one w/ whole self programs (yoga, nutrition clubs, etc) ...

The Hot Pepper said:
Essegi, all I can say is, do your best to keep it true to cornbread. The line where it is not cornbread anymore I cannot define. The voters will do that. :)
We'll see, maybe i want to experiment something, or not. The only thing is that i'm probably going to use manitoba to mix with corn flour, for the rest i have strange ideas. :P

The Hot Pepper said:
Wait, Grant. You want to sell corndogs to people working out in boutique gyms?

:lol:

Or I totally didn't get that.

My line#1 is in response to your line#1 ...
The rest of my response is to your line#2 ...

I used to consider an eventual food truck, but agree they are already close to passe, and that I could imagine some day having an open office w/ a copacker level setup to do programming and food-related biz out of ...

Co-working space, style, though ...

I seriously didn't mean to start a bean vs. no bean "argument". I personally will eat the hell out of both, but to me, beans are filler. I will make 2 gallons of pork chili and add beans to my bowl (on occasion) but if you are entering a competition, I tend to NOT vote for bean soup with some chunks of meat in there.

My 2¢~

I am really on the fence with this one.  I think I will add beans to mine just because I like them.  I do NOT like those nasty kidney beans though.  Black beans for me.  The cornbread gives me a chance to use my cast iron too!  Yay!

JayT said:
I am really on the fence with this one.  I think I will add beans to mine just because I like them.  I do NOT like those nasty kidney beans though.  Black beans for me.  The cornbread gives me a chance to use my cast iron too!  Yay!

Those large purple kidney beans that have leathery skin the slips off leaving a starch bomb? Who the hell likes to bite pure starch in chili? Or anything?

(I saw JHP likes this bean for chili in one of his pics :rofl:)

I despise those beans!

He's all confused now. Venison? Venison haters? Beans? Bean haters? What beans to use for the non-bean haters??? HAHAHA!

texas blues said:
Beans? Plah! I'll throw em on the ground. But I'd eat the hael outta quinoa chili with splooges o' queso! B'leed dat!
:lol:

Do it TB! Do it!

The Hot Pepper said:

Those large purple kidney beans that have leathery skin the slips off leaving a starch bomb? Who the hell likes to bite pure starch in chili? Or anything?

(I saw JHP likes this bean for chili in one of his pics :rofl:)

I despise those beans!

He's all confused now. Venison? Venison haters? Beans? Bean haters? What beans to use for the non-bean haters??? HAHAHA!
I am not confused, #bitchesbelike  you guys suck and #pookie only talks about food and probably lives in a NYC flat without a kitchen...

:dance:

I am making my chili the way I like it with a little help from Scovie with the dried chiles #fistbump, the meats I like, beans, and whatnot.  I will like it and I hope y'all do too.  If not, guess what?  I have a pot of chili that I love and three little trophies that tell me I am great!  #FTW

I like chili w/o beans, but chili w/beans is still chili. The debate is stupid. Eat what you like. Just because ICS and CASI don't allow fillers (ANY fillers), people be all like... "real chili" this n that.

That's like, in a burger competition, if they say "No condiments, we want to taste the meat and how you cooked the burger," you somehow walk away with "real burgers don't have condiments."

That's how ridiculous it's gotten. They are both chili!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back