• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure! He'll come around, not sure what happened I read it all too.

But I will respect his choice and not beg him to enter. Even though this is right up his alley (hint hint).

I was unable to source fresh heat for the weekend ... before everyone says it - yes, I tried Wicked Mike. SP, too ...

Later in the evening I was reading something talking about all of the things that aren't allowed in a chili contest ... cray-cray ... no fresh pods, either!

A couple of years ago I let my grow die because there were so many pods available via SFRB that it was silly to keep spending money trying to keep plants alive ...

Now I can't find any ... which is why I'll be planting some #mysterywine seeds soon =)

texas blues said:

After the criticism and shit I got from the last throwdown I don't reckon I'll be participating further. 

Thank you any ways for asking.

You can't do that or we'll pull your Texan card!  Besidesen that, AJ just might make an appearance.  Get your apron ready and prepare for some cookin!  I bet you could even use your flat top somehows!

gallery_4713_164_18488.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:

Obama looks to have a peyot ... pe'at ... payot ...

The lengthy little strand of hair from the sideburn area that the Hasidic folks rock out ...
Learning how to TD, step one - go back and read the instructions a few times because you are as much a learning disabled fool as otherwise.

"Post your best chili, and your best homemade cornbread (no mixes). I want to see some wacky cornbreads!"

Didn't bother to note the No Mixes aspect the 1st time I read it - not a problem, though.

Let's keep going, though ...

"The key to this will be presentation. A plate with a cup or bowl on the plate. A slice of cornbread on the side. And chili spooned on the plate so we can see all the bits. This may be under the cornbread, on top, or on the side."

My corn dog would have failed this test.

So, let's see if I can't possible get one qualified this time, LOL ...

FML.

Those aren't the rules yet.

The "key is presentation" was more for the chili, not the cornbread. Spooning some out so we can see the bits. On cornbread, on plate, on corndog. 

I mentioned corndogs after this too so... you know it's all good.

The mixes part, yeah. Cornbread from scratch. No just add water stuff. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back