• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff H said:
Now, how do I fit cornbread into this plating pic? :party: :party: :party:

skyline-chili-first-time-food-stops-RKVC.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

if tamales count, maybe gluten free corn pasta does too.  :dance:

Ahhhhhhhhh... the sketti! LMAO! Reel it back in..... Cornbread it is!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
It should be pure cornbread as originally stated....this TD is getting crazy. Next thing you know is it will be seafood chili and no black pepper allowed.  :rolleyes:

Only if Geeme is allowed to make the rules. :rofl:
grantmichaels said:
I'm doing a riff on skyline too, lol ...

Wife and kids had Skyline last night (I was busy or I would have been there too). True story. :dance:

grantmichaels said:

You are early ... THP often posts between 2:30 and 4:30pm on Friday (from what I've noticed) ...

I see.  Can't wait till then to start this cooking - I'm working all weekend...

Yes it is still chili and homemade cornbread.

BEGIN!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
It should be pure cornbread as originally stated....this TD is getting crazy. Next thing you know is it will be seafood chili and no black pepper allowed.  :rolleyes:
I agree. Trying to appease everyone makes it less concentrated. It's back to the original.

In the old days people would complain about strict rules saying they couldn't enter because of a rule. Then I tried to appease and people complained it was too broad. This is a tough job but someone's gotta do it! :)

sicman did not complain but I did try to make it so he could enter. But sorry sicman. If you don't like cornbread not much you can do for this one, except maybe feed it to your goats. :)

Now get in the TD!

MARCH TD!

zdecker has chosen...

Show Your Heritage Throwdown

Your dish may be:
  • Something passed down for generations.
  • A "new recipe" based on a passed down recipe. Basically, tweaking/modernizing a recipe to your liking.
  • Something that you grew up eating that may not be directly tied to your ethnicity or culture, but you consider it a part of your heritage because you grew up eating it.
  • Something you always wanted to try tied to your heritage.
  • Something you want to research now, so you can create a newly discovered dish that represents your heritage.
This is a dish that represents YOU and your upbringing, whether it is new, old, or modernized. The basis of this recipe is your heritage!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Not here to win, just make amazing food that I eat regardless of the TD ;) Votes are always appreciated however. 

I figured that out with the venison chili. Do your thing! This one especially. If you grew up eating liver and onions you should post the best liver and onions ever!! Or figure out a cool and modern twist. There's different ways to get votes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back