• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh make riff a on cornbread... to me if you make a tamale it's cool too, the rules can be relaxed a bit, but no box mix. A tamale would pair with verde even better.

What did you have in mind sicman?

The Hot Pepper said:
Ahhh make riff a on cornbread... to me if you make a tamale it's cool too, the rules can be relaxed a bit, but no box mix. A tamale would pair with verde even better.

What did you have in mind sicman?

HA! there's that "corn flour side" thing again!
And to be honest, I think it would be epic if someone were to do tamales. I'm not doing them, but if someone else were to do them and they'd be within the boundaries of the rules, I'd sure consider it for my vote!

: shakes fist at Phil :

Youuuu! Look what you did!!!!

The Hot Pepper said:
Oh man!!! There's questions what chili and cornbread means??? Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil, no, corn flour is not the requirement. CORNBREAD IS! No tortillas or fried catfish dammit! LOL! It must be cornbread but if you want to try to make a unique shape like a chili bowl in your cast iron, or a hand pie, go for it! I was just throwing it out there. Both could be disastrous. It could be a trap!!!! Cornbread is crumbly, but cornbread muffins work so hint hint.

I didn't know I'd have to define chili or cornbread. LOL. Seems Phil has a hankering for some fried catfish and Husker wants the bean crowd outta here!!!!!! :rofl:

*cough cough..... cough*

Dude says tamales. Hell yeah!

;) :surprised:

That's all I was saying.... but i do love the idea of tamales and chili, and Pookie said the rules would be relaxed to allow tamales, sooooo can we get a hell yeah, and hope someone does it??? Hell Yeah!

<<<<<<< Show of hands!

#awkward

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423201672.725528.jpg

texas blues said:
After the criticism and shit I got from the last throwdown I don't reckon I'll be participating further. 

Thank you any ways for asking.
Well, for what it matters i'd like to see one of your entries sooner or later (hey, if i remember well you are one of the guys i vote more! :D).

Btw i'm doing something quite unhealthy, hence good, with a low fat cornbread that i'm going to knead (and i'm really curious of results, take a recipe, change a type of flour and hope the best).
Also i'm in for something veggie (and not much green lol) but with a more standard cornbread maybe.
Also, incredilble, i've a couple of ideas about plating (nothing too fancy), just i don't know if i able to do that! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back