contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things I would like to make, from the last time I was down there, the main ingredient probably can't be found here. But oh, I will certainly look to see if I can find it! 

frydad4 said:
oh hell yea!!! I'm down with this!! I work with people from ALL of those countries, and we talk food ALL THE TIME!! 
I have so many ideas already. 

Anyone who makes goat gets extra consideration for my vote.
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0B6kvFy-k[/media]

"...in the mashed plantains!"

sorry dude. guess we should have said just bake some tater tots and drink a beer.

FreeportBum said:
pass the rum punch please and thankyou

Vote cast!!!!! Done!!!

geeme said:
One of the things I would like to make, from the last time I was down there, the main ingredient probably can't be found here. But oh, I will certainly look to see if I can find it!

We are where its all legal, herbal tinctures. Nudgenudgewinkwink

The Hot Pepper said:
Oh shut up we did tater tots and you bailed.
Yea, way to bail, wheebz!!!!
:lol:

Suck it up, Princess.

wheebz said:
that was like the worst possible way to do tater tots ever, potatoes and shrimp just eww

Actually, I entirely have to disagree. Of course, I used sweet potato tots instead of white potato tots, which made a big diff. Taking the ingredients in an Asian direction made an extremely yummy meal. As in such that I will be making mine again. 'Nuff said! 

frydad4 said:
Beware the banana leaf

A new fashion statement? Wait. That would be a redux, wouldn't it?  :lol:

I just realized I will be out of town that weekend. I may still get to join in, though. Won't know until the time is closer. I will be bummed if I can't. I've been experimenting with some related cuisines for several weeks now so this TD would fit right in with that. I've found a new "favorite" in the process already, an ingredient that is much more versatile than I had previously realized. I can totally see melding it in with other types of cuisines and experimenting with it dried and such. I need a "mad scientist at work" sign in my kitchen...

frydad4 said:
Beware the banana leaf

IMGP2527.jpg

frydad4 said:
Beware the banana leaf

Noooooo! All Hail the bananana leaf!!!!! If it werent for banana leaves, do you realize how many eyes would be destroyed by bleach trying to "un-see" schtuff from the spring of 2013?????
Oh wait....that didn't come across right-

Especially right after Scovie's post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back