contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly, a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.

Part 2: A light snow was falling, and the little girl with the tattered shawl had not sold a violet all day. At that very moment, a young intern at City Hospital was making an important discovery.“​
 ​
Snoopy​

Boss led me down the Dark&Stormy road one day a few years ago! They were so tasty!

But I've forgotten the specific rum he suggested. Oh sure, I could google it, and hope my memory serves me properly, or.....

...I could just beg him for his recipe again. Please Boss?! :) (we have some wicked t-storms forecast for next week....)

What's the rest of the recipe? Sounds like something I'd enjoy~~~~~

Hmmmmmm....Hanks have it?
I gotta go pick up some ingredients...do ya think I'll get a funny look for buying rum and beer at9:30am? :lol:

Hank's definitely has the Reed's, It's over by the cheese case and soft drinks (NW corner of the store). They come in 4 packs so get like, 4-4 packs. LOL As far as Gosling's, I don't know, look at Hank's or the liquor store, if you can't find it get another quality dark rum. Maybe google Gosling's to see if it's spiced (I can't recall).

caribbean_islands_map.jpg

My thought was "pick an island and find recipes from it" and I went with Dominican Republic. Then I looked at recipes from other islands, as well. Interesting thing is that many of them have foods similar or even identical to Mexican. I've been experimenting with Ecuadorian recipes for a while now, and they, too, are similar or identical to Mexican. It makes sense, given the history, but I never realized how close they would all be. Sure, there are differences, but darned if you can't find something like puerco pibil/cochinita (or any other name for the same basic recipe) at pretty much every island, for example.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back