contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make a mean jerk-marinaded chicken, shrimp, and steak fondue.....with a sauce that's so simple and delicious.....it ought to be illegal.

I bet there are pictures of said debauchery on here somewhere.....;)

Okay.....that was weird....

grantmichaels said:

I never considered salt and pepper both cooking staples for seasoning, more, table seasonings in the USA... as they are on every home/restaurant table (but not as much anymore). In kitchens not used as much.

If a chef asks if you seasoned something they are talking about salt, not salt and pepper. For me salt is for seasoning pretty much everything (even chocolate chip cookies for example) as it enhances existing flavors and pepper is for when you want pepper flavor, like cracked pepper on eggs benedict.

I get the article but I think it is more aligned with home cooks and a bit of a dated mentality.

geeme!!!!

I def do not use black pepper on everything. I rarely ever use finely ground (std table pepper) at all, actually. If I don't want freshly-cracked pepper, I'm probably not using it at all now that I think about it ...

I'd think I reach for a little garlic powder as a 2nd item to use with salt more often than black pepper ...

The Hot Pepper said:

Each has their own use I don't rank them, pepper and peppercorns are totally different.

But I understand your sales pitch lol.... ;)
No sales pitch, part of my life. I mainly like peppercorns when making my own rubs and grinding them with all other spices. Salt goes on just about every layer during cooking. Pepper powders just allow me to use year round and are more versatile as opposed to fresh. 

Smoking nutmeg...:ROFL:

Ok. Making lasagna this weekend to freeze for mom. Going to Annapolis next Saturday for Mother's Day but should be home my 5. With Friday night prep I think I can make this happen.

We get a wonderful jerk seasoning from the Florida Street market for work. Have never been able to match it. Know that won't fly here, so going in another direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back