• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I enter and I get chosen for veggie burger....

bsrq_kciyaa1swn.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

I know, I know, but I only have about two and a half hours between the time I get off work and when I have to go to bed to get ready for the next one.  I am on a mission.  Heather said no way we can go to the beach end of June if I buy the new truck.  So...  I picked up enough overtime to pay for the whole trip.  BAM!

I am a person of regiments.  I know what works for me.  If I go out after work, I have a 9am/pm curfew, then eat and bed by ten.  If I stray from that it can mess me up for the whole next day and depending if I am changing shifts or not, two days.  You see, I change shifts every week and sometimes even during the week depending on the OT I am working.  I know you work like 90 hrs a week, but my body does not recognize night or day anymore, just work and sleep.  Back to the burgers.  How is this thing going to work?

JayT said:
How is this thing going to work?

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36673-the-next-throwdown-is/?p=1317470

The Hot Pepper said:
The lottery is ready!

PM me a number 1-100 NOW!

First 10 to PM are in the SHOWDOWN! Results listed after all PMs sent.

Only PM if you are 100% going to enter the June Burger Throwdown.
Do not share your number, thanks.

The Showdown will be a 5 category head-to head burger TD.
There will also be an Anything Goes Burger TD that anyone can enter (except Showdowners).
It's like a damm omen. Contemplating whether or not to enter the showdown and guess what, the neighbor's cows got out and started down my driveway...

104_9374.jpg

MAN!!  That is a lot of burgers!  I think that one is looking at me.
Oh and thank you Beatrice (you are so tech savy) but what are the numbers for? And what are the categories, is what I meant.  We could have picked 1-10 and been randomly paired up, what is the 100 for?

Student of Spice said:
Have you ever thought....if only one woukd wonder onto my property!
I wonder all the time how to keep them OFF my property. The "Free Range" law in WA says that ranchers have no responsibility for their livestock. If you don't want them on your property, it's YOUR responsibility to fence them out. It's stupid as hell. In fact, if one is on the road and you hit it with your truck, the rancher can sue you for the loss of their cow. Meh~
JayT said:
Wait, are we picking which number cow we get off your road?  That would make sense.

That number would be 7  :censored:  :evil:

Scoville DeVille said:
I wonder all the time how to keep them OFF my property. The "Free Range" law in WA says that ranchers have no responsibility for their livestock. If you don't want them on your property, it's YOUR responsibility to fence them out. It's stupid as hell. In fact, if one is on the road and you hit it with your truck, the rancher can sue you for the loss of their cow. Meh~

That just doesn't seem right, probably was made a law when the ranchers were the richest like pharmaceutical companies or big oil is today.

JayT said:
We could have picked 1-10 and been randomly paired up, what is the 100 for?

What is the oil in the pan for when blackening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back