contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hot Pepper said:
And gravy, that's old school... lolz

the kids call it sauce!
This is true. My daughter calls it sauce.

grantmichaels said:
he might be one of those white-hair's for all i know =) ... always talkin' about "kids these days don't cook oldsk00l and sheeeiit" ...
Haha....no white hair here...although Danielle is doing her best to get me there.

October is Soup and Sandwich.

I had debated between this and Cajun and originally said Cajun because it's always been popular. Thinking we could do sandwich (poboy, muff) and entree categories, so in essence you could do gumbos.

But in rethinking it, S/S should be a lot more popular and more open. Soup can be any soup/stew or chili and sandwich can be any as well; burger, dog, pita, wrap etc. So you could still go Cajun here but we also have a lot more possibilities... and the real creativity will come in the pairing.

It would be a combo plate and one poll. Your pairing choice could knock you out; Killer clam chowder but blue cheese on the sammie killed it for someone. So there is skill in execution and pairing, and I think it's a lot more interesting than Cajun, which we could do later.

October has a nice chill in the air as well, perfect for S/S... you could go all Okotberfest on this now that I think about it. Ohhhh no hints but man I can picture one of these with umm beer.

I hope you agree.

Whoop there goes my eggs hussarde - glad I only put one night into it.
Open-face would be too edgy for the Backwoods Bastards.

Backwoods-Bastard-Hero.jpg

Looks like open faced sandwich to me. :)

We can still do Cajun if there's a disagreement. My gut tells me Cajun would not be as popular as a couple years ago, and Oktoberfest is fun but you could still do both here as well. 

The Hot Pepper said:
October is Soup and Sandwich.

I had debated between this and Cajun and originally said Cajun because it's always been popular. Thinking we could do sandwich (poboy, muff) and entree categories, so in essence you could do gumbos.

But in rethinking it, S/S should be a lot more popular and more open. Soup can be any soup/stew or chili and sandwich can be any as well; burger, dog, pita, wrap etc. So you could still go Cajun here but we also have a lot more possibilities... and the real creativity will come in the pairing.

It would be a combo plate and one poll. Your pairing choice could knock you out; Killer clam chowder but blue cheese on the sammie killed it for someone. So there is skill in execution and pairing, and I think it's a lot more interesting than Cajun, which we could do later.

October has a nice chill in the air as well, perfect for S/S... you could go all Okotberfest on this now that I think about it. Ohhhh no hints but man I can picture one of these with umm beer.

I hope you agree.

CGVJ57NW0AAhVOF.jpg

10687917_888932327807161_7335311080260405388_o.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
Looks like open faced sandwich to me. :)

We can still do Cajun if there's a disagreement. My gut tells me Cajun would not be as popular as a couple years ago, and Oktoberfest is fun but you could still do both here as well. 

I agree with your decision, however (mildly) inconvenient ...

I would likely change my mind at least 11^37 times between now and then, regardless ...

I really did research it rather fully last night, candidly, but I don't care ...

They make their Marchand de Vin using garlic as the stock ;) ... and I have Holland Rusk in my Amazon cart ...

We're still doing Chinese and Cheese. So don't worry about that. :)

Like JHP's pic proves, he was able to do Cajun and American with a fish theme. So this is not too far astray. Killer pic.

I feel very strongly that there should be multiple categories. 

-Cold Sandwiches
-Hot Sandwiches
-Grilled Sandwiches
-Melts
-Wraps
-Veggie
-Dessert
-Submarine/Hogie/Po-Boy

8 Crowns possible!

*This a joke. A lame joke, but a joke none the less. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back