contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hot Pepper said:
October is Soup and Sandwich.

I had debated between this and Cajun and originally said Cajun because it's always been popular. Thinking we could do sandwich (poboy, muff) and entree categories, so in essence you could do gumbos.

But in rethinking it, S/S should be a lot more popular and more open. Soup can be any soup/stew or chili and sandwich can be any as well; burger, dog, pita, wrap etc. So you could still go Cajun here but we also have a lot more possibilities... and the real creativity will come in the pairing.

It would be a combo plate and one poll. Your pairing choice could knock you out; Killer clam chowder but blue cheese on the sammie killed it for someone. So there is skill in execution and pairing, and I think it's a lot more interesting than Cajun, which we could do later.

October has a nice chill in the air as well, perfect for S/S... you could go all Okotberfest on this now that I think about it. Ohhhh no hints but man I can picture one of these with umm beer.

I hope you agree.

Sounds good, hopefully won't have more garden emergencies at TD time. Spent the whole weekend freezing and canning stuff.

Soup and sandwich are both your game, you've won with both and impress with both...

grantmichaels said:
haha, no ... much closer to zero-f**ks ...

Listen, I'll rock that tiara with the best of 'em ... but I'm not getting baited into providing free entertainment tonight ...
Nm, going back to original but I'll leave this for you here...

644c29a1a8263ca2c51d15ed7ae348ec.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back