• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually one of my first ideas is related to candy so maybe this is a sign... I have to think this over but I had the idea of using chocolate in the meal before the candy thing came up. Chili, mole, bbq, etc. Savory dishes using chocolate (cacao).

I wouldn't want a dessert poll though, we've been doing a lot of multiple polls lately and the start of the year should be simple, and chocolate is too obvious for dessert anyway. For savory it'd be a challenge. That was my initial idea. Thoughts?

The Hot Pepper said:
No it is not candy.

Boss, like JayT, would prefer hotdogs, sausages, frankfurters, wieners

funny-picture-justin-bieber-is-not-a-girl-hes-a-lady--1_zpshhuus3bn.jpg

A cocoa TD would be cool.

My overall favorite was the carribian one because I had to research.

The Hot Pepper said:
actually that is what makes it challenging, but ok forget it. Back to drawing board.

I'll announce it soon. It is not savory chocolate. (which can be used in many dishes)
WTF, THAT WAS A GOOOOD IDEA!!!! Research makes it an even playing field. Put everyone at a disadvantage and may the most creative win.

DONT PUSS OUT POOKIE

grantmichaels said:
Similar to how you were thinking chocolate, coffee as a savory ingredient ...

Works nicely as a rub or spice, and can use it like an acid too ...

Indeed! But for me... I feel like in pictures it's easier to tell how chocolate worked (or didn't) than coffee, since we can't taste em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back