• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we will do a TD TD. We do that wheh the dates merge.

Anyone remember AJ's football field nacho plate? :eek:

020710d002.jpg

I usually bet on the Superbowl, but have nowhere here to bet legally, so it is usually just with friends in a bar.

Okay. This is gonna be who has the best finger food for the Super Bowl!

What is finger food? You have to be able to pick it up with pinched fingers and finish it in three or less bites.

Fried chicken breast, no. Wings, yes.
Burgers, no. Sliders, yes.
Hot Dogs, no. Pigs in a Blanket, yes.
Pizza, no. Pizza bites, yes. (An example of cutting something larger into finger food. Yes, allowed.)
Any food you like made into a three-bites-or-less finger food. Just use your imagination.
Get it?

I think this is a fair definition. It allows many foods to be made into finger foods, but keeps the larger hand foods out with four bites being too big. This is about making your favorite finger foods or micro versions of your favorite foods. Invent something. Whatever.

Also dips, salsas, and spreads etc. are allowed, but not with chips, because then you are entering the dip and not the finger food. The part you pick up is the entry. The dip etc. is the accompaniment.

I'm sure some of you will be creating huge spreads and multiple finger foods, but for this competition, you can only enter one. So what do you think is the ULTIMATE finger food for the Super Bowl? Get creative. Looking forward to this.

I think we will allow Monday posting so you can get your food and drink on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back