• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nachos works, yes! Geeme, if nachos are done right when you pick one up the toppings are on it. It's a plate of finger food. I don't care how messy the entries are lol. But if you can pick it up with pinched fingers and finish in 3 bites or less... finger food! But the finger food must be the entry, with chips and salsa, the chip is a mere vehicle for the salsa... so it's not an assembled finger food. But sauces and dips are allowed as accompaniments... as in mini egg rolls with a dipping sauce, etc. So... you see entering chips and homemade salsa, you'd really just be entering a plain tortilla chip, since the salsa is an accompaniment.

Not trying to limit it just saying, if you make a killer artichoke dip, just adding carrot sticks does not make it a finger food entry. Think of how you can make that one.

That makes no sense to me. Spinach dip and a Ritz cracker, you would be entering a ritz cracker?

The ritz cracker, tortilla chip, etc would be merely for the photo op, rather than just a picture of a bowl of dip. ?

oh gosh.... my brain hurts......... dips and spreads and nachos...... crackers, carrot sticks and more........ oh my.......... We always are so darn technical.

He could either enter the Fingers, or the Dip, not both.

Unless there was a plate full of pre-dipped fingers.

I think...

WTH?!?!?! Ok, now my brain wants to explode..... maybe I should just have a glass of wine..... no can't far to early for that. Seriously like, really I love getting cornfuseled. :rolleyes:

Maybe I just need to stay away from this thread for the rest of the day.....................

Back on track please. These are fun. If you want to join in great. If not, that's fine too, but no need to add drama. Thank you.

Hey guys, so it is still finger foods.

If anyone has any changes or suggestions to the definition of finger food please post. I don't want to leave any finger foods out.

I would like to keep this on track, and all suggestions are welcome. I never said the rules are 100% final, that happens on the day of the TD in the official post. Got a little side-tracked but we're back on track.

Keeping it fun.... get ready for some good football and food.

Thanks!

Thanks for not changing from finger foods boss. Rule tweeking is one thing, but I would have been bummed if a big change was made. Here's to a weekend of fun, food, and football!

:cheers:

Got some ideas perkulatin'.... however you spell that. :)
I think this will be fun to maybe get ideas for future parties!!!

Finger food, football and drink on y'all!!!

Sowwy boss. if I was bad..... :(

I think the rule is pretty solid. Something you can pick up with your fingers and eat in a few bites. That certainly means making a footlong sandwich is out, but cutting an 8' sandwich into finger wedges is in. It's in the presentation.

Now the chips n' dip debate that has cropped up has me scratching my head.

I wouldn't grab a bunch of dip of any kind with my fingers (unless I was REALLY toasted). That is precisely the point of calling it "dip". You dip something like a tortilla chip, frito, carrot, celery, broccoli, caulifower, pita bread, pita chip, etc. into the mix and that's the final bite. I'd still call that finger food. Yes, I'd eat a chip by its self, but I'm not presenting a chip with a side of dip. I'm presenting a combination of both... to be handled at your discretion.

If you want to mouth-fist ten nachos all at once dipped in guacamole (then maybe salsa, then maybe queso) while swilling beer and yelling "WOOOOOOO", that's still finger food... to me.

Sum I guess my point was "making" finger food. Salsa is not finger food, and if you buy Tostitos you didn't make the finger food part. You bought it. But I guess the dipped chip is then semi-homemade finger food. lol. I'm sure it's all good if you can pick up the dipped entry with fingers and finish it in 3 bites. But I would like to see the "vehicle" be homemade if you are doing dips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back