contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essegi said:

Ok, i skipped that part:
 "Yes, you can do both."
And i don't have to worry anymore about the "are you idiot SG?" question! Just solved! :D

Esse---dude, that just cracked me up!  :rofl:

You got mad cooking skills, not to worry~~~  I'm sure you'll be in the thick of it with something super creative. 

I'm still dialing my dessert idea in.  Each day something else sounds really cool....  Too many ideas!!!  :banghead: 

geeme said:
I read. I write a lot, but I also read. And yeah, I got it the first time, thanks!  :D
Then you are nobody since nobody reads. Not a bad deal since nobody is perfect! :D
Just joking!

salsalady said:
You got mad cooking skills, not to worry~~~  I'm sure you'll be in the thick of it with something super creative.
Thanks SL! Too kind! I'm just mixing ideas from 4-5 simple recipes into 2 and hoping the result is good (i'm pretty sure for the not dessert part), not so creative or skilled. :P
Also i wondered if marinate peppers in (white) wine would be good and i found no info... I decided not to do since i fear they would be too soft (though i belive that would not be so bad for taste).

Essegi said:
Then you are nobody since nobody reads. Not a bad deal since nobody is perfect! :D
Just joking!

Ha! I can claim to be nobody, but no way I'd even attempt to claim perfection! Even the idea of it makes me  :lol: !

So can we start already? I've got a bottle of Tequila that's being quaffed instead of being used in cooking . . . may not be any left to cook with at this rate!  ;)

cypresshill1973 said:
Ceviche next TD???

It will  most likely be something related to Oktoberfest. 
schlusselstein.jpg

Apparently there too the beer festival is ... 

Here major events organized in different parts of the country. The biggest event in Villa General Belgrano, Cordoba (It is a German colony), which assists people from all over the country and lasts 3 days.

October, yes, we usually do Oktoberfest! And we try to make it different each year.

This year is...

Oktoberfest: BYOB

What does this mean?
Of course it means Bring Your Own Beer, but it also means Bake Your Own Bread!

So.................... you can make whatever German-inspired dish you wish, as long as there is beer (in the recipe, or even just a glass of beer on the side)... AND you bake your own bread. Bread is a huge part of Oktoberfest (think pretzel, think sausage/hot dog, etc.). Beer in the bread? Hell yeah! Let's do this! BYOB!!!!!!

Starts Friday!

(frydad4 won this in 2010, and, now he's mastered the pretzel bun. Um, I think it is safe to say he is in!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back