contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
SumBits said Yardbird Extraordinaire, and thinking November is TurkeyDay in the USA, and HotStuff just called Scovie a Turkey...

MY BAD! 

DaQtz- I'd always thought yardbird was chicken also, and SumBits just cleared that one up!!!!   "Make some @#$%^&*'n chicken!"

+++ ^^^

:D

edit for quote marks-

salsalady said:

hot stuff, you calling Scovie a turkey?

:rofl:

Steroid Yardbird (not oven baked) could be fun......
Hey now, I haven't used that language since the 70's. But if the beak fits....:)

What? Everyone doesn't eat turkey in November? I have this Cranberry fire sauce I was thinking of using.

Everyone eats turkey in November in the US, but it is the end of November, not the beginning.  I am all for Yardbird Extraordinaire!  Maybe we could even expand it to any kind of foul for those that want to cook turkey or duck or whatever.  It would be fun because there are SOOOO many ways you can go with it.  I have a recipe I can't wait to make if it goes this way.  It includes a rub and a sauce and booze, all of my favorite things!

Reactions: SL3
Mmmm… duck. Wish I could have picked one up while I was at North Market yesterday, but I failed to bring a cooler. I did score 10 bottles of CaJohn's purees, however, and one of their new fabric bags with their logo emblazoned on each side. Yeah, bird of any kind would be a good TD in my book. 

Reactions: SL3
JayT said:
Rub and Sauce Your Bird TD :rofl:

lol. 

I was thinking Yardbird Extraordinaire (aka... make some @#$%^*'n chicken) would be about making something ordinary (sshicken) extra-ordinary. Adding different birds, ostensibly, turns it into a race of who can get their hands on the most exotic fowl.

I'm not about running through a flock of flamingos with a machete. That's just wrong... but we're totally topping some manatee steaks with poached sea-turtle eggs when you visit SoFlo, because that stuff tastes awesome.

SumOfMyBits said:
I was thinking Yardbird Extraordinaire (aka... make some @#$%^*'n chicken) would be about making something ordinary (sshicken) extra-ordinary. Adding different birds, ostensibly, turns it into a race of who can get their hands on the most exotic fowl.

Not necessarily - the rules could be clear that it needs to be an "ordinary" bird type. Plus, I'm thinking about when I did ostrich a few years ago. I mostly did it because people had been talking positively about it and I wanted to give it a try. However, I also know that most people haven't tried it so couldn't wrap their minds around it to vote for it - "exotic" tends to equal "no votes." Heck, even though duck is ordinarily found in most grocery stores, I know that some people have only had it cooked in a manner that left it greasy so wouldn't vote for it, either. Sad for them, but true. So even though I love duck, I'd think twice about putting it in a TD unless I didn't care about votes and was just making it as an excuse to fix duck again. Which would likely be what happens, in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back