• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The Pacific Northwest GLOG 2015

Today launches The Pacific Northwest GLOG 2015, geared towards growers from this region.  Since there appears to be disagreement on what states, and areas, actually comprise the Pacific Northwest, I will use a broad definition, in order to include more growers.  If anyone thinks the definition could be even more broad, it can always be changed.  Come one, come all.

Oregon
Washington
Alaska
Northern California
Idaho
Montana
Wyoming
British Columbia

I am from the Rogue Valley, in southern Oregon, so, I will begin with a couple of shots from my yard, which over looks the Rogue River.

It's still December 2014, but I've been busy putting together my grow list for the 2015 PNW season.  My seeds will be planted around the second to third week of this month.  I'm cutting a bit back from last season, so, here's my modest grow-list to kick things off for the 2015 season.

POTS  

GIANT 7-POT YELLOW-2
BHUT PURPLE-1
CUMARI DO PARA-1
PIMENTA LEOPARD-1
SCORP CHOC-1
TRIN CONGO RED-2
TRIN CONGO BLACK-2
REAPER-1
ROCOTO-1
MORUGA BROWN-1
7-POT CHAGUANA-1
NAGA-BRAIN-1

ORNAMENTAL

FILIUS BLUE-1
NUMEX EASTER-1

RAISED BEDS

HAB GOLD BULLET-2
HAB WHITE-2
HAB CAR RED-2
RED SAVINA-2
HAB ST LUCIA-2
HAB CHOC HANDGRENADE-2
SB7J-2
SCOTCH BONNET MOA-4
SCOTCH BONNET FARIAH-4
BAHAMIAN GOAT-3
JAMAICAN MUSHROOM-1
TRINIDAD BEAN GOLD-1
SCORPION TONGUE-1
AJI CACHO DE CABRA-1
AJI TEAPOT-1
AJI PINEAPPLE-3
AJI COLORADO-1
AJI OMNICOLOR-1
JAL CRACKED-4
JAL (PEPPER GURU)-4
JALAMUNDO-2
PEPPADEW-1
CHERRY BOMB-2
NARDELLO-2
SILING BILONG-2
BIG JIM WORLD RECORD-1
CHILACA-1
FRESNOS-5
MA WIRI WIRI-1

I haven't in the past but I may this year. There is some free material down by the river that looks like it would be a great mulch substitute. 

Mulch is my friend. The right kind will feed your soil continuously, not to mention, keeping it from getting scorched on the surface in Summer, keeping your root zone cooler, knocking back weed growth by 99%, keep the microbial population happy...I can't think of a single negative aspect to it.

Now things are getting serious

image_zpsbj6pfggq.jpg

I just started hardening off the non-chinenses a couple of days ago.  All plants are outside now.

Aji Pineapple.

Numex Big Jim(?).

Cacho de Cabra.

Group.

I'm now 2/3 done on the plant out (chinenses).  Four days after plant out, I discover aphids on some of the plants.

After much deliberation over what mode of defense I should use against the aphids, I'm going non-organic.  Last year's aphid attack was ugly.  This year will be different, I hope.

Nice to see everything moving right along North West growers. LOL Bill. NUKE EM! Looking good Jim. Amazing plants. Glad to see them all outside. I never get aphids. I have a giant rose bush that gets aphids. I try too wipe them out there before I plant out. Might check near by plants and bushes for them.

Good luck and as always thanks for sharing everyone.

Chuck

OK,  Will get some taken today, as I plant on getting some of these plants planted out this weekend.  Getting to darn crowded in the greenhouse, and the tomatoes are way to tall to be in those little pots.  Their feet need dirt!

Will get the pictures.  Now just keep your fingers crossed that the weather holds.
Bill

Well came home from work today to this. All that work the past 3 months shot to shit.

Attachments

• 1430693452290.jpg
    1430693452290.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 53
KevinH said:
Well came home from work today to this. All that work the past 3 months shot to shit.
My eyes are bad.  What the Hell happened??  Dried out?  I see a fair amount of green, still.

Lots of pure white leaves.  It seems some one watered the utter stuff out of them. I can only hope for the best. push comes to I can restart most of them. and just have a late season harvest. But even at that its pushing it. Some of the seeds are a cross from our own Spankyscolts, not sure if Paul has any more. But we will see how things go.

KevinH said:
Lots of pure white leaves.  It seems some one watered the utter stuff out of them. I can only hope for the best. push comes to I can restart most of them. and just have a late season harvest. But even at that its pushing it. Some of the seeds are a cross from our own Spankyscolts, not sure if Paul has any more. But we will see how things go.
bummer Kevin. I think white leaves means sun burn. Most all of my plants have a home by now but if you find yourself in Wilsonville I'm sure I can spare one or two. 

Reason I thought the watering was was how much was in trays. O well live and learn. They will live. LoL I hope. I know I will. Course the 26 hour days make me think I'm dead.

Don't let that person dogsit or babysit. Because if their only job was to water that small amount of plants and they couldn't get it done than they are probably not very motivated. 

Back