• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The Pacific Northwest GLOG 2016

Today launches The Pacific Northwest GLOG 2016, geared towards growers from this region. 

Oregon
Washington
Alaska
Northern California
Idaho
Montana
Wyoming
British Columbia

I am from the Rogue Valley, in southern Oregon.  Here's the Rogue River in Winter.

It's only 12/15, but maybe you guys have your lists made up already.  Not me, yet.  All I know for sure this season is, no chinenses, and less of everything else.  Might go heavier on the New Mex varieties.   

Devv said:
Nice looking plants, I'm liking it!

How's that arm doing?
Thanks. Probably one of the smaller grows on the forum. Go check out my Big Poppa UDS on the Smokers subforum. Arm is improving, but might not ever be 100%. We'll see.

Yeah it will! Do the rehab, take it from someone who's had his share and probably a few others worth of injuries. They say hard work never hurt a man...NOT!

Tom Petty: You never slow down, you never grow old.

I live by that.. ;)

If you get a chance PM me some blues tabs ;)

Take care bud!

Nice plants Jim! I see you have some drip line. I was wondering if I could get away with just emitters on main line, minus 1/4 hose. Does it work well for you?

OCD Chilehead said:
Nice plants Jim! I see you have some drip line. I was wondering if I could get away with just emitters on main line, minus 1/4 hose. Does it work well for you?
It works well. You need a cheap governor on the valve to keep the pressure down, although I've run the system without a governor. I can't comment on attaching emitters to the main line. Why do that?

I guess main line was the wrong discription. I meant the way your running it now. I see a lot of systems were they run the 1/2in hose tap into it with 1/4 in hose with emitters that go to each plant.

I think I understand you. You can see the emitters in my photos, right? I've run spaghetti hose off the 1/2" line with individual emitters/mini-sprinklers, too, for each plant.

So it begins...

Ready for a delivery of garden soil. This is the yard at my office that we greatly under utilize. 

image_zpswbsgsiua.jpeg

They weren't able to blow into the containers even though the gal on the phone said they could. This gave me a huge discount a little over 5 cubic yards for $170 blown into my beds.
Some manual work ahead, but that's ok; I need the exercise. 
image_zpsxi8dqbac.jpeg

Looks like you'll have extra soil. More pots? Do you purchase that soil each season, or, add amendments and reuse?

Roguejim said:
Looks like you'll have extra soil. More pots? Do you purchase that soil each season, or, add amendments and reuse?

I'm going to take some home to my garden and fill up more pots, but yeah I'll still have left over soil. I reuse the soil ...add amendments. The reason I got it this year is because I added some raised beds to the patio at our office. 

At the office: Left to right, Front to back ...
Aji Margariteno, Aji Jobito,
MOA Scotch Bonnet, Aji Jobito,
Lemon Habanero, Lemon Habanero,
Datil, Large Orange Thai

image_zpsnkkdhwch.jpeg

Numex, Aji Melocoton (peach)
image_zpsabqhf5aw.jpeg

Datil
image_zpsqcutlokm.jpeg

Lemon Habs
image_zpsrhz2p0ki.jpeg

image_zps8nuhk8dv.jpeg

Another group shot showing how extremely leggy they are from being crammed in a small tent fighting for light
image_zpsvwbjp2au.jpeg

Hopefully throughout the summer they will fill out and their stocks will thicken up.

Yeah, I was going to say they looked a bit spindly. I guess they will support fruit since they are staked up. If you get any Aji jobito seeds, I'd like to snag some, if that's okay? Tough keeping the cats out of that nice soil?.

Good growing! The Summer heat will be upon us, soon.

Back