• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food The Rajun' Cajun Cussin' Creole Cook

My wife was gifted 8lb of boiled crawfish last week from her parents, and as we'd already made plans for dinner we peeled and froze them for future use. Pulled them out of the freezer today for some kickass etouffee! (Terrible pic incoming-I was more concerned with Stuffing my face than getting a good photo)
20150331_193153.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' about! Hell yeah, Chris! Hey, side note... I'm trying to grow those chocolate mutts again this year. I'm having a little trouble with getting seeds to sprout though. I noticed they had mold on them when I broke them out. Tried washing them off and soaking in peroxide. We'll see how it goes.

Phil said:
That's what I'm talkin' about! Hell yeah, Chris! Hey, side note... I'm trying to grow those chocolate mutts again this year. I'm having a little trouble with getting seeds to sprout though. I noticed they had mold on them when I broke them out. Tried washing them off and soaking in peroxide. We'll see how it goes.
Love etouffee! Boiled crawfish seems to make it that much better tho!
I didn't sow any seeds for that one this year. May still throw one or 2 in the aerogarden and give them another try. Surely we've eventually got to get away from the grassy no heat pods and onto something better. Would love to know what the actual cross was.

Anyone that has not had etoufee cannot possibly understand just how freakin' amazing that is.  To many people, the only comparison I can think of is a long simmered pot roast and how it transforms the beef and vegetables into amazing silky goodness.  Etoufee though is on a different level as it is that umami things but with seafood.  I am drooling right now.

Kick me in the head....but  I can microwave some Rue.  Ya...it's not right but it works.  I have done it to the dark desire without the dreaded burn for 20 years. 

Mix in your green onion, onion, garlic, pepper and celery in the Rue and it will sizzle while hot from the micro. 

Then I mix it with stir fried chicken and sausage.  Add boiling water with chicken stock and okra and it gives a good gumbo in short time.  

Back