• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Ramen Lover's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have never had an authentic bowl of ramen, you are missing out. Find out the nearest ramen joint to your area and get out there STAT.

For the rest of you have love yourself a tasty, steaming bowl of noodley goodness, post your pics and add location details and help out the uninitiated.

I'll start with this one. Kara-Miso Ramen (literally spicy miso) from a chain store called Ramen Bandai (formerly Kurumaya Ramen). Was good for what it was, but since they took out their signature garlic from the miso (name change and chain consolidation I think) it just doesn't hit the spot anymore. :-(

Still enjoyed it though!

10894937_447566508730554_472728886_n.jpg

Noodles Meh, not a fan of the flavor the Shin Ramyun brought to the table. A bitter spice. Would of been better off using my typical ramen and tossing a few pequins peppers in. 

Noodles Meh, not a fan of the flavor the Shin Ramyun brought to the table. A bitter spice. Would of been better off using my typical ramen and tossing a few pequins peppers in. 

Now you have me interested! Would love to compare between made in Korea vs USA vs Japan!

Also pm me your address, I got something for ya.

Not that expensive. Especially if it's just one lol. Probably like $2. I leave it up to you though! Technically you can get this stuff in the states too, but it's quite expensive.

jedisushi06 said:
I love shin ramen, 20$ for 20 packs on amazon with free shipping if you have amazon prime.
shin ramen fried chicken

The flavor profile of the made in Japan version vs the made in Korea version is different. Korean version is also spicier. Would love to do a comparison with a made in USA version.

filmost said:

The flavor profile of the made in Japan version vs the made in Korea version is different. Korean version is also spicier. Would love to do a comparison with a made in USA version.

We can do this ... as long as we can wait a week since this week's hectic, as it stands.

grantmichaels said:

We can do this ... as long as we can wait a week since this week's hectic, as it stands.

You game? Can you acquire the Korean version?

@D3monic said it the USA version has a bitter taste for him. So definitely would like to see someone try all three.

Reminded me of raw generic chili or cayenne powder, that acrid bitter taste if u just grabbed a dry pinch and ate it.

filmost said:

You game? Can you acquire the Korean version?

@D3monic said it the USA version has a bitter taste for him. So definitely would like to see someone try all three.

Well, I have like 19 packs of the USA one, so I can send you whatever fits in the box or whatever is the most convenient to ship to Japan ...

... and smoked paprika or whatever you wanted, lol ...

Mmmmmm...my fav is Nissan Ramen with an egg, broccoli, handful of fresh spinach, green onion slices and a dash of soy sauce. I have it for breakfast almost daily.

You know how it is!

My newest Instant noodle addiction. Even my highly traditional home-cook parents who protest against store-bought "plastic" soup have to swallow their pride. They just wish I didn't put so much heat in it!  The noodles come with spicy powder and sachets of soy sauce and sesame oil, but I always add peas, extra soy suace and a heavy helping of cayenne to the mix.

soup1_zpscwojd1a0.jpg

soup3_zps9dekinae.jpg

since this thread has been revived, i heeded I think fil's advice and got korean brands. I couldn't find the shin made in korea, but i got 3 other brands made in korea, all said to be super spicy by the cute asian girl, so i'll trust her. I'll post pictures when the time comes for me to make another attempt at the ramen fried chicken. 

i need to be making dashi and asian soup and not having tacos and fried anything ...

need to soak my 1st round of little sardines/dried shrimp/kombu and get going on that, just haven't made it a priority ... but i should.

http://luckypeach.com/ramen-fried-chicken/

BigB said:
edit- this post didn't work out. how do you post videos?

<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) {  var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];  if (d.getElementById(id)) return;  js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;  js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3";  fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-video" data-allowfullscreen="true" data-href="/davidchang.momofuku/videos/vb.233778186637566/1078246282190748/?type=1"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite="/davidchang.momofuku/videos/1078246282190748/"><a href="/davidchang.momofuku/videos/1078246282190748/"></a><p>Ridiculousness</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/davidchang.momofuku">DavidChang</a> on Thursday, 12 March 2015</blockquote></div></div>

^ this is what i got when i clicked embed video. 

Go to: https://www.facebook.com/davidchang.momofuku/videos

Hover mouse over one of the hyperlinked titles and select "Copy Link Location" and then paste it in a new tab to verify it ... that's for FF.

In Chrome, it's Copy Link Address ...

In IE, go jump off your dock and flap your wings ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back