• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Ramen Lover's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have never had an authentic bowl of ramen, you are missing out. Find out the nearest ramen joint to your area and get out there STAT.

For the rest of you have love yourself a tasty, steaming bowl of noodley goodness, post your pics and add location details and help out the uninitiated.

I'll start with this one. Kara-Miso Ramen (literally spicy miso) from a chain store called Ramen Bandai (formerly Kurumaya Ramen). Was good for what it was, but since they took out their signature garlic from the miso (name change and chain consolidation I think) it just doesn't hit the spot anymore. :-(

Still enjoyed it though!

10894937_447566508730554_472728886_n.jpg

I meant to say dango lol stupid autocorrect

filmost said:

LOL they are a really good snack. Pairs exceptionally well with an ice cold lager.
what are those things soaking in?

I meant to say dango lol stupid autocorrect

what are those things soaking in?

A stock made from hondashi (seaweed and Bonito). Beyond that I don't really know. The rest of the ingredients add to the flavor profile as well.

Should be noted this is typically only available in fall and winter. It's a cold weather food.

I've literally been here twice in the past week and forgot to take a picture of an untouched bowl each time. King's palace chinese bbq (ducks and pork hanging in a window and a live fish tank for you to choose crabs, lobster, fish....it's authentic) serves the best hong kong style ramen in miami. It's amazing, i've been here hundreds of times and have always ordered this soup. I started with the char sui (pork) and roast duck, but as of lately i've been on a big wonton kick. I ate my soup and had to take a picture of my grandma's haha.

ramen.jpeg

oh and this broth is amazing. Definitely a last meal request

Will ya just look at all that lovely shimmer ...

My Asian cook-fu is raging at this point ...

I think I will make something in theme, tonight - as I'm unable to not have some any longer ...

Maybe I'll look up something to make w/ the smoked duck breast I picked up last weekend ...

102_0165.JPG

I forget which thread I said I was going to post this in, so its going here.  This is my version of hot and sour soup with somen.  I kicked up the heat with Incinerator from Candace in Oz.

Chicken broth, lime juice, kaffir lime, chili paste, ginger, sriracha, garlic, habaneros, soy sauce, fish sauce, splash rice wine vinegar, onion, chives, mushrooms, bean sprouts, sweet peppers.

Looking good Meijer grocery had a bunch of different kinds of ramen. Grabbed a pack of 

To try out. 

The made in Korea version is better if you can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back