• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors The running, biking, hiking, camping forum

The Oman road looks like something willy wonka would design, so smooth and chocolate. The wind at your back and floating. Until you reach Shore riders rock garden then it's ahh shit!!! I die today! After you die a most venomous snake will bite you

On the 8th day God was tired and he was in a foul mood, so he created a land full of things that will bite you.. this is how Australia came to be. The great white shark said hey fellas! rally over here!!!  We got flying scorpions, 2 foot spiders, ninja cobras. Welcome to Aussie! It take a serious pair of cajones to live there. Cheers!

Voodoo 6 said:
On the 8th day God was tired and he was in a foul mood, so he created a land full of things that will bite you.. this is how Australia came to be. The great white shark said hey fellas! rally over here!!!  We got flying scorpions, 2 foot spiders, ninja cobras. Welcome to Aussie! It take a serious pair of cajones to live there. Cheers!
That's the reason I can't remain seated in the saddle most times.... :rofl:

Well, the docs said no riding until November, but by the grace of the internet, I was able to read an obscure Texas medical journal, and it states: once the cyclist, after having multiple surgeries, can make the hook em horns sign, he/she will then be able to ride unlimited miles! I hope my docs buy that one.

Voodoo 6 said:
Well, the docs said no riding until November, but by the grace of the internet, I was able to read an obscure Texas medical journal, and it states: once the cyclist, after having multiple surgeries, can make the hook em horns sign, he/she will then be able to ride unlimited miles! I hope my docs buy that one.

Buys it?  I see no way a reasonable doctor could contest it.  ;)

Blew out my pedal bearings today, Bearing cups were shredded. Replaced the cassette and chain (again) lol. Garmin says I am coming up on 4000 miles since March 19th. Would have been at my goal of 5000 miles if I didn't crash. Note to self, no crashing into trees. Thinking about going to clip in pedals since I have the shoes. Been riding those flat pedal with the pointy spikes that rip up your calves. Hope you all are getting in some miles! Cheers! Finally got accepted into a Garmin club, they don't seem to be cranking miles..not sure what's going on there. Anyone have better luck with that strava tracking?

5 seconds is all it takes lol: Gimme another bike, I will ride it out hehe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM8YshK2qqg

Nice mileage Voodoo!  What are the roads like you're riding?  

Damn, no way I could be riding platforms on the road - well, sure, I could, but it would feel really weird. They're my pedal of choice for mountain biking,  but each time I get on them I feel like I'm stomping for the first few minutes. I just don't like being locked in on the sketchy stuff. I pay the platform spike price on my shins though for some reason more often than on my calves.

I'm a big fan of SPD-SL cleats. I picked up a pair of Shimano's Ultegra PDR-670's years ago on hella-sale and they've been great and lasted forever.  Can't imagine you won't prefer the road cleats after a few rides' adjustment.

Cool about connecting with Garmin club.  Don't know about Stava.  I've thought about it at least a few times, but I just stick with Garmin connect for whatever reason. 

Hey, great to hear you're out there racking up the miles and wrecking cassettes again!
CD
:cheers:

Back