• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

"The Scovie Chronic-le"

hogleg said:
Try stacking some cinder blocks around that stump to make a pit and put a 1/4 cord of wood on it dammit.

See? There ya go. That's a good idea. I knew if you put your mind to it we wouldn't have to resort to using garbage cans or tannerite. 
     Or you could drill a whole bunch of bigass holes in it and fill them with potassium nitrate. When it burns, it produces oxygen and a ton of heat. You should be able to scrape out the remains with a pickaxe and a shovel. 
     Or just use the excavator to throw it in a river like you said. Don't you think it will just float away in the first flood, though?

tumblr_niah7oRESX1t1r05co1_500.jpg

Hank's Beer Brats and Hank's Irish IPA Brats. So dang good. I pour 3 bottles of beer in a pot with 1 cut up onion and a Canadian boatload of Bhut Jolokia powder and bring it to a simmer. Then dump the brats in there to par cook for a bit, just until firm. Then I put them on a hot grill and immediately turn down the heat to about medium so it doesn't flame up. Once they start spitting their juices and have a sufficient amount of black on them, put them back in the beer bath for as long as it takes for you to find a bun to put them on. Mayo and strong german mustard was all I had on it, with grilled Peños on the side. CJ made a mayo/mustard/horseradish spread for hers.

Sofa King good!

DSCN1892.jpg

DSCN1895.jpg

DSCN1900.jpg

DSCN1904.jpg

DSCN1905.jpg

GOTT DAMMIT!! Really hard for me to hold it together watching this.  One of my fav bands doing a beautiful tribute to a beautiful legend.

I dedicate this post to you CJ, much love.

https://youtu.be/-7s914vAF5s

Scoville DeVille said:
Hank's Beer Brats and Hank's Irish IPA Brats. So dang good. I pour 3 bottles of beer in a pot with 1 cut up onion and a Canadian boatload of Bhut Jolokia powder and bring it to a simmer. Then dump the brats in there to par cook for a bit, just until firm. Then I put them on a hot grill and immediately turn down the heat to about medium so it doesn't flame up. Once they start spitting their juices and have a sufficient amount of black on them, put them back in the beer bath for as long as it takes for you to find a bun to put them on. Mayo and strong german mustard was all I had on it, with grilled Peños on the side. CJ made a mayo/mustard/horseradish spread for hers.

Sofa King good!

attachicon.gif
DSCN1892.jpg

attachicon.gif
DSCN1895.jpg

attachicon.gif
DSCN1900.jpg

attachicon.gif
DSCN1904.jpg

attachicon.gif
DSCN1905.jpg

How the fuck did I miss THAT????  I need that in my life.  I need some of Hank's meat right now dammit!

Hank's Brats are some of the finest I've ever had, and I have been to Germany twice. Sofa King good Jay!!!

Well I am working on a new lawn. I have tilled it 3 times so far (each time a little deeper) 1', 3" and 5". One more pass at 6" deep and I will start the planting process. I have found so much shit in the yard, it's amazing what lies just beneath your feet when grass grows over it. Not pictured are 3 pieces of 3' X 3' carpet. Yeah the old lawn just grew right through it.

Some weird water shut off thing that was probably put in when the house was built in '29, a 3' X 3' brick "pad"? just under the old lawn, and lots and lots of glass and nails. I am stoked to finally be rid of the dips, divots, heaves and humps! My new tiller is tearing some shit up!!! We have the most awesome "black gold" river silt soil, it's unbelievable!

DSCN1942.jpg

DSCN1949.jpg

DSCN1947.jpg

DSCN1941.jpg

DSCN1937.jpg

JayT said:
Glad you are better at tilling than snow plowing.  I seem to remember a certain "incident" this past Winter...

I got that fucker "wrecker stuck". Augered that bitch right into the snow bank.

But I was drunk so it's ok.

You sure did.  I just threw it out there to Heather about us using our end of June vacation to go to the great state of Washington to visit some friends of mine.  We'd be bringing the boys, so we'd need to find a place to stay in town, rent a car, and buy hhhhwhiskey and a trash can, but dammit we could pull this off.

Back