• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

"The Scovie Chronic-le"

No, I still think Kenji's awesome ... but I'm a natural monogamist ...

Can't share the hotness ...

Cheating has never appealed to me - I can barely stand one woman in my life.

Freakin Tower of Power...

About 10 years ago they headlined at our annual Winthrop Rhythm and Blues weekend extravaganza. Except they headlined on Sunday at 11 freaking A. M. Too much partying for WAAAAAAY too many horns and sheeit.

Shit. It was 2002, the 15th annual. Eddie Cotton OWNED that weekend!

2002 #15 
Mighty Sam McClain - Tower Of Power - Denise LaSalle - Sugar Pie DeSanto - Joe Turner's Memphis Blues Caravan - Too Slim & the Taildraggers - David Gogo - Eddie Cotton - Henry Gray & Lil' Buck Senegal - Jim Mesi Band - Ryan Harder - Harmonica Playboy and the Midnight Movers - Steve Bailey & the Blueflames - The Howlers w/ Randy Oxford

If you're interested, here's every years lineup. This year will be the 30th!
http://winthropbluesfestival.com/past-lineup.html

0-0-Header_bb_300.jpg

Scoville DeVille said:
Or that cajun dude, Justin Wilson... loved him! "un-yon" LOLOL

I gaay-ron-TEE! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ATK is goooooood shit. But they almost lost me when I watched their piece on cast iron maintenance. :rolleyes:

And Chris' bowtie needs to just fuck right off.

Scoville DeVille said:
No shit, that CI deal was just weird.

Did you see the CI steak tho? Holy shit that was beautiful!

And why they preheat the CI in the oven... I never knew that!

Killer show.

I saw the steak, but missed the oven thing. Gonna have to look that one up.

Scoville DeVille said:
And I'm not a fan of "oven stuff" :rofl:

Growing up I hated steaks because my mom would always buy the cheapest cut and cook it in the broiler. HATED THEM.

Wasn't until I was in my 20's I had a proper steak at my dads house. I make them his way with the mckormics mesquite marinade. Good ish. 

Scoville DeVille said:
And I'm not a fan of "oven stuff" :rofl:

Me neither. I'm more of an intense contact heat kind of guy. I like my steak over flames usually, but I've been getting into hot, hot CI lately. On the canning stove to keep the grease mess and flames outdoors.
     In fact, I'll be doing some ribeyes tomorrow like that.

Back