• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

"The Scovie Chronic-le"

Congrats to Thor, (love the name) and thanks SL for mentioning Jim Campbell who has been doing this stuff for decades.  

Irish Benedict. Scratch made Corned beef hash with potatoes, onions and peños.
Poached eggs, Hollandaise Sauce. Topped with Cayenne sprinkles.

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG

Scoville DeVille said:
I LOOOOVE corned beef hash. I only eat like, one little peice for dinner lol

saving it for breakfast. hahaha

Prolly second only to smoked brixket hash. Your's looks awesome.

And thank you for knowing how to poach an egg, btw. :cool:  So many people I know and have worked with just boil the fuck out of them. Did you put a little vinegar in the water too?

Scoville DeVille said:
Scratch that, we already have sushi mats.

That we bought in Twisp!!!! :shakesfistatTHP:

attachicon.gif
IMG_1380.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_1382.PNG

attachicon.gif
IMG_1381.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_1382.PNG

attachicon.gif
IMG_1384.JPG

Nice little place. How much for a hipster? Or does Hank just rent them out.

Poaching eggs. Yes. I've been doing it since I was about 10 years old. I use a designated non stick cheapass pan and spray it with Pam. Bring the water just to a low boil then turn the heat down and temper it with vinegar. Vinegar helps keep the whites tight (the only tighty whiteys in this house lol). Then once the eggs are dropped in, bring the heat back up just until it wants to boil and let them cook. When they are firm enough to lift out of the water, they're done!

The Pam and the non stick coating lets the egg literally float in the water. They can stick to pans even under water which is fine for bland tasting egg drop soup. LOL

Y'all probably already know all this but that's how I do it.

Back