food The Soup Thread

Here it is summer now and not able to cook these things... So show a dish I cook a few months ago when it was winter

Spanish Buseca (or cayos españoles) In Argentine is called "guiso de mondongo"

2014-06-24%252020.54.24.jpg

Contains fresh peppers and many condiments, smoked chorizo, bacon, beans and tomatos inter alia.

The principal ingredient is mondongo or cayos (cow stomach ) It is very similar to scallop keys seafood but tasteless seafood. it's like good and tasty.

It is a traditional dish of Spanish cuisine.  Preparation is hard work, but worth every ounce.

I don't make soup from scratch very often. here's a German pumpkin soup recipe I made a few years ago... also some carnita stuffed cabbage/ gluten free enchiladas what ever you want to call it. I didn't keep the blog for very long was too much effort and not much an audience. I wish I could still afford to eat Primal though. I made some damn good dishes along the way.

Here's pics since clicking links is hard 

I planned on using the emptied pumpkins to use as the soup bowls but I accidentally burned holes in the bottoms >.<

We had some leftover ingredients from making cabbage rolls, so we made some soup in the Frenchie by adding some extra heat, low-NaCl veggie stock, and heavy whipping cream ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422940352.733568.jpg

I enjoyed small app-size bowls w/ various newly acquired powders throughout the night, while working ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422940378.401503.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422940389.801027.jpg

Loads of powder and cabbage, what could possibly go wrong?!??!

I love to do it to myself every now and again ... might be some dopamine/endorphin addiction, who knows/cares, but yeah ...

You are thinking of the Chocolate Lava ... that stuff I might actually toss, or rather, give to some unfortunate and unsuspecting friend =) ...

You've never named one better ... I swear

I don't know what the deal is w/ the Chocolate Lava, but it's an apt name.

I use the shit out of the Mystery Wine's, Chocolate Caribbean, and Smokin' Banshee ... only you know what ties them together (perhaps), but they are my favorites ...

Danielle likes the Cayenne Indo., but I group that w/ the Thai's and Jala's as "seasoning" ...

Mystery Wine is still the most unique flavor profile, and I don't consumed a bowl of Minestrone without it (Minestrone is one of my goto quickie/light meals) in 2 years.

Good stuff.

Back