Shiitake Walnut Soup

Shiitake
Walnuts
Potato (precooked)
3 dried Jalapenos
1 garlic clove
1tsp concentrate chicken stock
Seasoning mix and oregano

Blitzed all except Potato for 4 min making it hot then the last 50 sec with the precooked potato

Very creamy and a nice kick from the jalapenos.

P4119660_ShiitakeWallnutSoup-1000_zpsqjvworbq.jpg

P4119661_ShiitakeWallnutSoup-1000_zpshodpkf6x.jpg

I can never tell if your stuff is genius, or cray-cray ...

It's reminiscent of my friend's house growing up ... lots of whole grains and fruits and veg ...

I didn't enjoy it as a kid, but have grown to enjoy it more since ...

Tell me about the walnuts here, which I'm assuming add earthiness/nuttiness? ...

Very often I'm curious but don't ask ?'s, but I figure I'll ask the ?'s now ...

I'm constantly intrigued and challenged at the same time ... which I kind of like!

:cheers:

:cheers:

Your right the Walnuts have a earthy flavor, a great combo for mushrooms at least for the stronger ones, its actually one of the best combos Ive tasted in a long time, dont really know why I tried it, normally would use Cashews, but would not have added that extra flavor. Dont think I would use Walnuts with oyster mushrooms, those I would use Cashews.
Highly recommended to try if you like mushroom soup :)

Another Butternut squash soup.
This one I added 1/4 cup walnuts compared to the day before and what a huge difference those nuts make, Highly recommend trying them, it just adds a nice body to it.

Cod, Dried Shiitake, Thai chilies and Chipotle powder, seasoning. Ran out of Veg stock.
Blits all except fish, cook for 10min, then add cut fish and let sit for 10 min till heat cooked by existing heat.

P4290147_ButternutSquashWalnetCod-1000_zpskwbolyjd.jpg

P4290148_ButternutSquashWalnetCod-1000_zpszuckpser.jpg

dragonsfire, your soups with the walnuts are intriguing to me as well.  Heather loves anything with mushrooms so I am likely gonna give this a go.  You didn't mention any liquids for your soups.  Should I assume water?  And how much?

Mmmmm..... I just happen to be sick, so soup would be good. I see I've missed some fantastic posts in this thread, but I'm glad I've caught up now. Wow! 

Back