food The Soup Thread

Interesting take on that - I haven't seen a turkey/chicken/whatever noodle soup with other than a clear broth, so I like the novelty. Sounds like the perfect thing for a day like today - no ice storm here, but plenty of lake effect and all. Wishing I had some o' that soup here right now!

The milk is a substitute for the cream I would have if I had any.  It just adds a touch of richness and makes it a little more comfy.

Today we had chicken taco chilli.  Awesome is how I put it.  Very warming and gives you fuel to punish your family folks with flatulent activity.

JoeFish said:
Today we had chicken taco chilli.  Awesome is how I put it.  Very warming and gives you fuel to punish your family folks with flatulent activity.
Too funny!!! Can you post the recipe? ;)

This soup originally started out as a Chicken Noodle with leftover chicken rooster but...along with the traditional carrots, celery and onion I added what I had on hand.......Yellow Habaneros, Tomatoes, Fingerling Potatoes, Green and Yellow Squash, Garlic, Asparagus, Chicken Broth, Coconut Milk, Green Thai Curry , Thai Basil and Cork Screw Noodles....

"Chicken Junk Soup".............leftovers were even better...a second time !

I found that at home tonight: gazpacho! With tomatoes, onions, peppers, vinegar imbued bread. Heat: for taste tabasco sauce, for sheer power mad dog silver. Of course cold.

i33O6NGMOaN6z.jpg

No bp, gee isn't going to complain that time!
This is probabily my fav method to eat vegetables.

I love gazpacho, but the versions I have eaten were always very chunky.  Did you puree yours?  I bet that would make a seriously kick-ass bloody mary!

I didn't made it, was consistent for bread i think, but no pieces. Definetly a puree.
Now i want to learn to make that (i don't think it's difficult, i just have never used a blender in my life) and use fresh pods on it.

geeme said:
LOL - Sounds extremely tasty!
It is indeed, when we'll have homegrown tomatoes it should be better.

My wife makes this soup with fresh vegetables. I did however add spicy powder and reggiano chesse.

2014-05-23%252013.26.34.jpg

This soups, i buying in the china town.  They are instantaneous, but they are really very tasty.... (and very hot)
Any gold palate, lost in a blind test against a homemade soup with a Chinese soup.

2014-05-19%252015.12.57.jpg

2014-05-19%252015.12.53.jpg

2014-05-19%252015.21.37.jpg

2014-05-10%252014.34.25.jpg

2014-05-10%252014.39.04.jpg

2014-05-10%252014.40.13.jpg

2014-05-10%252014.46.55.jpg

2014-05-16%252012.59.24.jpg

2014-05-16%252013.06.38.jpg

Pretty much what we call Ramen Noodles here - not considered to be very good, but will meet a basic nutritional need if you don't have money for anything else.  This thread is intended for homemade soups, so please keep that in mind. Doctoring up a packaged soup, however, fits just as well as you can add mojo to make it magic!

Lookin' good, fellas! Today is an excellent soup day here - grey and rainy, but surprisingly little wind. However, I've been OUT all day until just now. Perhaps tomorrow will be a soup day for me…..

Here's the deal:

Today is Bradley's 18th birthday. I told him I would cook him anything in the whole world that he wanted. He thought for about an hour and then said....

"I want a french onion soup. But I also want a pot roast with mushrooms. Can you combine the two to make a French onion pot roast soup?"

I said:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!

Here's the start....

Cubed the meat.....seasoned....and seared in bacon fat!!

After browned......cover the meat with 2 quarts of beef stock, some thyme, bay leaf, garlic, and some red wine......

This is going to simmer for about 6 beers....

More to come!

Back