food The Spicy Meatless Thread... (ya I went there)

The seitan looks very bready. Is it like a fritter of sorts kinda taste?

Nah, I cut it with a fork so it wasn't a clean cut. I also threw some chickpea flour in the mix this go around because I read it would make it a little less dense.

10897792_364012133784621_5616807931250746353_n.jpg

Made quite a few different things over the last week, just haven't been taking pictures... Tonight was pretty simple. Steamed broccoli, fried brown rice with peanuts and seitan. Seasoned the rice with various powders, the seitan dough had smoked bhut powder in it, and loaded it with chili garlic sauce cause my sinuses are acting up and I'm trying to drain them.  
5J250SJ.jpg

I'm almost borderline going veggie again...

Keep 'em coming arwrarwr :)  Need a push to get started.

And by the way, your plates do match THP colour scheme.  Very soothing :D

Nice find.

If you scroll to the end you can see they prepared it two ways. I would definitely want the more browned one. Looks really good. The less cooked one, not so much.

Probably also why they used that version in the pan as pic #1.

Sometimes you gotta eat it and not think of it as a meat replacement and just eat it because it is good. That's how I roll. I don't want my veggie burger to taste like beef, I want to eat one because it's damn good. Some meat eaters will never get that concept. Yet they will eat margherita pizza and swear it's the best slice they've ever had. No "veggie" bashing just because nothing was replaced. It's just your mindset dude. Once you get past the "meat replacement" mentality you can enjoy so many other things!

It isn't my mindset, some things are best left along. My mother in law is a pescatarian as was the wife. I do not mind good veggie dishes at all and make them myself from time to time. I have issue with naming it the same as it's meat dish and expecting me to care. Really is it bacon? Doubtful ;) 

Anyway I gave props to the dish above, looks great!

I've had amazing veggie burgers, one with a sun dried tomato ketchup on brioche that just set it off. And they name it chorizo so if you've had it before and miss it, you can try it like that. It's mostly for those that used to eat meat. Why do they have to leave it alone?

The Hot Pepper said:
I've had amazing veggie burgers, one with a sun dried tomato ketchup on brioche that just set it off. And they name it chorizo so if you've had it before and miss it, you can try it like that. It's mostly for those that used to eat meat. Why do they have to leave it alone?
I 100% agree with seasoning but some things are not the same. Making a crabcake with imitation meat that is fish? Not a veggie example but same concept as bacon to me....bacon comes from a place not a seasoning. 

Any way enough about this, I do not need convinced. I am having a mushroom dish tonight sin carne ;) 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I 100% agree with seasoning but some things are not the same. Making a crabcake with imitation meat that is fish? Not a veggie example but same concept as bacon to me....bacon comes from a place not a seasoning. 

Any way enough about this, I do not need convinced. I am having a mushroom dish tonight sin carne ;)

LOL ...

Danielle says everything I've cooked over Applewood is bacon.

There's not much in this. I called it quinoa stew and it is not. Edited. It's pipian and lime as the base.

The lime kinda makes it. Very refreshing, yet hearty at the same time for winter. With frozen margs it's da bomb.

Back