food The Spicy Meatless Thread... (ya I went there)

It was a grill night tonight.  Marinated some portobellas in balsamic, OO, liquid aminos (soy sauce), italian seasonings, garlic, shallot and paprika.  turned those into sammiched with a ketchup-mayo-dijon-Dee Roo tiki torch sauce spread, grilled garlic, red peppers, and onion, fresh tomato and lettuce.  Marinated sweet potatoes in some garlic salt, bbq sauce, and powder.  and then after the put the shrooms on the grill i tossed some bok choy in the marinade and let that hit the grill with some edamame.  Sorry for the bad photo, my grandma called right after everything was done and i was in a rush to try and eat it before it was totally cold.  
wZHdvs1.jpg

I was on a mission to finish some paintings last night so I ordered take out instead of cooking at home.  There's a place near me that is meat free AND delivers, so I ordered some Nashville Hot fried tofu, it came with smashed potatoes n' gravy and beer braised kale, some pickles and a slice of toast.  I added hot sauce to the tofu and put some apple butter on the toast for dessert.  Pretty good for delivery food. 

R0snIzA.jpg

as a miamian, it's not real cuban food if there isn't pork fat in there somewhere lol but i wonder what seitan in a pressure cooker would be like as if you were making ropa vieja 

Well it isn't real Cuban food, its made by a Midwestern white girl... no pork fat, no animal product period.  Still tasted good.  I re purposed it into tacos tonight and put some vegan cheese made from cashews on there.  It was purdy good.  The first go had taco fuego, then I went too the moon, and the last lap I did a cool down with some chipotle sauce. Kinda wish I woulda had some pickled jalapenos/carrot/cauliflower mix on there. 

gFYWcq7.jpg

Morning sucked.  Been cleaning up dog blood from all over and my pretty girl needs stitches on her face, all because my neighbors or inconsiderate Aholes that throw their trash where ever they feel like it and think feeding pigeons and rats is ok.  On my way back from the vet, I was finally calmed down enough to want to eat, but all I wanted was garbage food, and after my morning I was gunna treat my self.  I wanted something salty and fried, almost caved and got fried chicken, but dude reminded me that I just spent $82 on antibiotics for the dog and need to spend another $300 for stitches tomorrow.  I haven't been eating much eggs or cheese lately, so I stopped and got some oaxacan, chihuahua, and cotija cheese, went home and scrambled some eggs and made some Dee Roo El Capitan chilaquile-skillet nachos.  It was indeed satisfying.  
zrpNUgC.jpg

Ouch  :(

I use to have a Malamute. Such a brilliant, friendly breed of dog that have enormous personalities.

Hope your Yuki patches well in the long run.

:-/ was back in the vet this morning.  Stitches broke open. She got sedated and stapled.  It looks even worse than before now.  i'm sure one it heals it will hardly be noticeable with all her fur, but it just sucks to blow $500 because my neighbors are jackasses. 

Rawkstah said:
Morning sucked.  Been cleaning up dog blood from all over and my pretty girl needs stitches on her face, all because my neighbors or inconsiderate Aholes that throw their trash where ever they feel like it and think feeding pigeons and rats is ok.  On my way back from the vet, I was finally calmed down enough to want to eat, but all I wanted was garbage food, and after my morning I was gunna treat my self.  I wanted something salty and fried, almost caved and got fried chicken, but dude reminded me that I just spent $82 on antibiotics for the dog and need to spend another $300 for stitches tomorrow.  I haven't been eating much eggs or cheese lately, so I stopped and got some oaxacan, chihuahua, and cotija cheese, went home and scrambled some eggs and made some Dee Roo El Capitan chilaquile-skillet nachos.  It was indeed satisfying.  

Hope your pup is ok.  

I got gardein mandarin chicken nugget things and made it into a stir fry with the sauce pack it came with.  They weren't bad for a quick meal.  Rice would have taken too long, so I used buckwheat groats, higher protein same amount of carbs. topped it with sambal, pretty good. 
Rp7KP5v.jpg

Dog update:  It is really funny trying to watch her play with her ball.  She chases it and its a path of destruction, and then pounces on it but it gets stuck under the clear cone.. She sees it and keeps pouncing and when it moves its more cone destruction on the way to find it. 

I had a hankerin' for a torta.  I made some bolillos, naturally, and made a mixture of some vegetarian ropa vieja, soyrizo and blackbeans in a skillet.  Added in some El Capitan, a little water to cook it all together nice and saucy.  Topped the torta with some romaine and aguacate, valentinas, swamp juice and some shredded cashew cheese.  It hit the spot.

uwTbboH.jpg

vUytUT3.jpg

Back