food The Spicy Meatless Thread... (ya I went there)

Holy shit, I made this and it's amazing. the hours it takes to make a slow pulled pork, this takes less than 30 mins and tastes just as good. My vegetarian GF and I ate it before I could even think to take a picture. Luckily i have another can that I can make some more with

my first time playing with tempeh.... if anyone has any suggestions on this let me know, I had no idea what to do with it.  I ended up sauteing it in a pan with some bbq seasoning and topping it off with bbq sauce.  then put it in a bowl with broccoli and peanut stirfry from last night. 

Dx45iuQ.jpg

It's ok, nothing out of this world, but good enough for me. Hoping someone has some insight on how tempeh can shine. 

quick dinner, made arepas with shredded parmesan cheese in them, fried up some soyrizo and onions, and slapped a morningstar spicy blackbean patty on the pan.  sprinkled some cotija cheese on followed by romaine, roma tomato, and some hot sauce.

pupLnYN.jpg

7J7h7DR.jpg

Wow!

Perfect. Love arepas and perfect egg. Is that a baked egg?

Made a quick veg chili yesterday.  onion, garlic, a green belll, what was left of an orange bell, soyrizo, black beans, pinto beans, and stewed tomatoes... typical seasonings with the addition of some cinnamon, and a bit of beer.   Today I made mini burritos with it on some flour tortillas and ate some more in a bowl with some tempeh and the left over romaine i used for the burritos.  Here's that bowl:

GrbGutK.jpg

couldn't make it too spicy as I'm still staying with my grandma for another week.  She enjoyed it, I put some hot sauce in mine.  Found some heartbreaking dawn's reaper sauce at a jerky place down the road.    

Hello Hello.... is anyone still following this?  No one is posting but I refuse to give up.   I have a couple things backlogged I meant to post but they've gotten lost in my cellphone gallery because I take too many dog pictures.  So here's one from tonight and if I ever find the pics of the others I will post them up.  Tonight was a black bean and tofu scramble.  Sauteed garlic, onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, tofu, spinach and black beans, seasoned with Dee Roo Taco Tuesday, turmeric, BP, and smoked powder.  Had it over some buckwheat groats, topped with fresh tomato, avocado and cilantro.  After the pic I put some hot sauce on it.  Definitely a keeper.  
TbPkeAF.jpg

I follow I follow, I just haven't posted in a while. I'm not sure what this is called, I learned it from this old thai lady at the buddhist temple.  I used beyond meat ground beef, chopped up some veggies, variety of peppers from the back and added some thin rice noodles. The sauce is 1tbs of oyster sauce, 1 tbs of fish sauce / dragonfly clear cap thin soy sauce, 1 tsp of palm sugar and some chopped garlic. if you're doing more than 1 serving, double that amount. In the end, added some thai basil.

20160209_194642.jpg

huh i thought i posted in here the other night but apparently I never hit post...  So here's a double post then.  Thursday night was zucchini, squash, and carrot noodles with bell peppers tossed in a homemade spicy peanut sauce with edamame, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Topped with sriracha.
jyWo6QB.jpg

Tonight was spaghetti squash with a tempeh "bolognese" sauce. Topped with some extra pine nuts. 
U7Eshjx.jpg

spicy red lentil kofte!  There is Pex's To the Moon mixed into the kofte and I didn't have any ajvar left though so I used Dee Roo El Capitan.  the salad is spinach and cukes with leftover spicy roasted sweet potato.  Tri color lemon herbed cous cous to tone the heat down between bites... 

12742247_10102290971122629_481926548602927145_n.jpg

Back