• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Thegreenchilemonster Cooks For Three

Since I recently found out that my wife is pregnant, I'll be cooking for 3

I figured I would share dishes throughout the pregnancy that are focused on providing an expecting mother the nutrients she needs to develop a healthy baby.

All of the meat I cook with will be organic, grass fed, and hormone free. All of the vegetables will be organic, and mostly home grown, until the season ends.

There will of course be chiles used in every meal, as always.

To start things off, last night I made this grass fed organic grilled butterflied leg of lamb, curried chickpeas, and steamed broccoli. Lots of quality folic acid and iron in there.

I marinated the lamb in olive oil, fresh garden rosemary, and a diced aji limo, before grilling it up.

Attachments

• 20180822_183137.jpg
    20180822_183137.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 20180822_195827.jpg
    20180822_195827.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 103
  • 20180822_203536.jpg
    20180822_203536.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 104
Thegreenchilemonster said:
Ropa Vieja.

Gotta make the best of these delicious aji dulces, while they are ripening in my garden
I love me some ropa vieja or as we call it in PR tasajo. Throw in an egg and some caramelized onions and boom you can blow up my front door steal my guns and I maybe not even get up from the dinner table.

Remember I said maybe

BTW, GreenChileMonster do you mind if I PM you for some aji dulce seeds? If been unsuccessful in my attempts to grow them here in the SW AZ heat and I think I may have found a solution. Growing inside!

Elpicante said:
I love me some ropa vieja or as we call it in PR tasajo. Throw in an egg and some caramelized onions and boom you can blow up my front door steal my guns and I maybe not even get up from the dinner table.

Remember I said maybe

BTW, GreenChileMonster do you mind if I PM you for some aji dulce seeds? If been unsuccessful in my attempts to grow them here in the SW AZ heat and I think I may have found a solution. Growing inside!
Yeah, sure! Send me a PM with your addy, and I'll get some seeds headed your way.

Back