• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TheGreenChileMonster's 2016 Grow

Well, I finally decided to start a Glog.  I have quite a few plants that ore OW from last year, and some new ones that I started this January.  Here is the list, lots of pics to follow, I'm still in the process of planting out.  Most everything is going into root pouches, and pots, but I do have 9 total rocoto plants in the ground as well.

Aji Amarillo
Aji Arnaucho
Aji Dulce
Aji Limo
Aji Pineapple
Aji Pacay
Aji Omnicolor
Aji Lemon Drop
Aji Fantasy Yellow
Peruvian Red Rocoto
Giant Peruvian Red Rocoto (Miraflores Market)
Rocoto Cusco
Mini Rocoto
Brown Rocoto
Orange Rocoto
Rocoto Peron
Rocoto Montufar
Red Manzano
Yellow Manzano
Aji Oro (Rocoto)
Aji Largo (Rocoto)
Rocoto Arequipeno
Guatemalan Red Rocoto
Guatemalan Orange Rocoto
Ecuadorian Red Rocoto
Ecuadorian Sweet Rocoto
Peru Bitdumi
Chocolate Bhutlah
Chocolate Brainstrain
Pipi De Mono
Aribibi Gusano
Peach Bhut Jolokia
Carolina Reaper
Peach Scorpion
Peach Ghost Scorpion
White Fatalli
Bolsa De Dulce
Tepin x Lemon Drop
PDN x Bhut (Ripens Cream)
Coyote Zan White
Red Primo

OCD Chilehead said:
Plants looking good Dale. I don't know about the Galaxy, but my iPhone will post them sideways, unless I turn the phone sideways. Like this. Beautiful flowers.
Yeah, I can snap pics in landscape mode, and they show up correct when I post them, but in portrait mode they always come out sideways. I can screenshot the pic after taking it in portrait mode and post that, and it's not sideways,but the GS7 adds black bars on the top and bottom when done that way. I would much prefer to be able to directly post in portrait mode, so it doesn't come out sideways. I have a bunch of great pics that I took in portrait mode, since I can get a better pic of the whole plant, instead of just a section of it in landscape mode.

Here is an example of what happens when I take a pic in portrait mode then screenshot it from my GS7. It shows up correctly, but with black bars added. Very annoying, lol!

Anyway, here is the protector of my garden, and some of the bounty he is protecting, which are some aji amarillo pods. Aji amarillo take forever to ripen, like a month once fully grown to turn orange. It's totally worth the wait of course, because they are delicious.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160622-111419.png
    Screenshot_20160622-111419.png
    635 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20160622-111523.png
    Screenshot_20160622-111523.png
    634.6 KB · Views: 59
This aji oro is putting off a bunch of flowers and pods right now. It seems to like growing more out than up.

This rocoto mini is pumping out flowers and pods as well.

Last pic is my massive OW aji limo. I took a pic of the flower only just to show that is a chinense through and through.

Attachments

• 20160622_175229.jpg
    20160622_175229.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 20160622_192031.jpg
    20160622_192031.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20160622_192239.jpg
    20160622_192239.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 57
Thegreenchilemonster said:
This aji oro is putting off a bunch of flowers and pods right now. It seems to like growing more out than up.
Last pic is my massive OW aji limo. I took a pic of the flower only just to show that is a chinense through and through.
These are some great pics. I can't seem to help you on the portrait mode. I'm not to tech savvy. I've seen others post sideways pics as well. They some how edit and turn them right side up.

Again, these pics are way better quality than my iPhone 6+ pics.

Nice looking pod's.

Looking good!
My Aji Oro is the only one that continues to set pods now ,it's seems to be one of the most heat tolerant Pube.
My Rocoto mini not flowered yet .

My in the ground Peru Bitdumi plants are finally starting to flower and set pods. Pretty cool that they put off so many flowers per node. I haven't really seen that with any of the other Pubes I grow.

One of my Guatemalan red rocoto plants is putting off very pinkish flowers, compared to the usual dark purple flowers on my other Guatemalan red rocoto plants.

This coyote zan white is putting out some nice poddage right now.

Attachments

• 20160626_134150.jpg
    20160626_134150.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 20160626_134237.jpg
    20160626_134237.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20160626_134334.jpg
    20160626_134334.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 62
az1000 said:
Nice plants!
My Peru Bitdumi has flowered heavily but not set any pods.
Guatemalan Red from your seeds not flowered yet.
Thanks! All of my Pubes are putting off flowers and pods now, so I just layed about 10lbs. of Garden Tone between all of my plants. I have had a few Rocoto Montufar flowers drop, but other than that, the rest are setting pods.

You should! I'll send you a variety pack of seeds in a couple of months, once I harvest some of these pods.
That's a generous offer. Very kind of you.

I use garden tone as well. Great stuff!

I mix up a batch of Garden-Tone, Bone Meal, and Iron-Tone.

Was looking at Jobes the other day. Looks like good stuff as well.

Thanks! All of my Pubes are putting off flowers and pods now, so I just layed about 10lbs. of Garden Tone between all of my plants. I have had a few Rocoto Montufar flowers drop, but other than that, the rest are setting pods.
How about Orange Rocoto and Guatemalan Orange Rocoto from my seeds?

az1000 said:
How about Orange Rocoto and Guatemalan Orange Rocoto from my seeds?
Tragically they were both killed by mites. I tried my best, but they didn't make it. I lost a total of 7 plants to the mites, plus I still have 3 more that are fighting for their lives. Those 3 are separated from the rest of my plants, and I am giving them a steady treatment of Natria. I hate mites!!!

OK. Here is my first major update. These are all plant pics, mext major update in a month or so will focus on Pods.

Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion

Aji Fantasy Yellow

Aji Pineapple

Judy's Peach Trinidad Scorpion

Aribibi Gusano

Mini Rocoto

Pipi de Mono

Aji Oro

Aji Limo Rojo

Rocoto Montufar

Trinidad Cherry

Tepin x Lemon Drop

Ecuadorian Red Rocoto

Aji Pacay

Chocolate Brainstrain

Peach Bhut SS

Aji Dulce

Aji Omnicolor

Carolina Reaper

Peru Bitdumi (4 plants). This bed of Peru Bitdumi was nearly completely wiped out by mites. These plants were just sticks a few weeks ago. The one on the right os starting to flower.

Ecuadorian Sweet Rocoto (5 plants)

Aji Largo

Rocoto Rojo Arequipeño

Rocoto Peru Cusco

Aji Amarillo

az1000 said:
Great updates!
Sorry about your loses.
Orange Rocoto and Guatemalan Orange are the only varieties from my larger plants without flowers .
Yeah, it always sucks to lose plants. I was really curious about those Guatemalan Orange Rocoto, since I'm growing several of the red ones, and they are extremely prolific. I don't have any more Rocoto plants that make orange pods left alive unfortunately, but hopefully my rocoto Arequipeño will gift me with a few orange pods like it did last year.

Back