• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TheGreenChileMonster's 2016 Grow

Well, I finally decided to start a Glog.  I have quite a few plants that ore OW from last year, and some new ones that I started this January.  Here is the list, lots of pics to follow, I'm still in the process of planting out.  Most everything is going into root pouches, and pots, but I do have 9 total rocoto plants in the ground as well.

Aji Amarillo
Aji Arnaucho
Aji Dulce
Aji Limo
Aji Pineapple
Aji Pacay
Aji Omnicolor
Aji Lemon Drop
Aji Fantasy Yellow
Peruvian Red Rocoto
Giant Peruvian Red Rocoto (Miraflores Market)
Rocoto Cusco
Mini Rocoto
Brown Rocoto
Orange Rocoto
Rocoto Peron
Rocoto Montufar
Red Manzano
Yellow Manzano
Aji Oro (Rocoto)
Aji Largo (Rocoto)
Rocoto Arequipeno
Guatemalan Red Rocoto
Guatemalan Orange Rocoto
Ecuadorian Red Rocoto
Ecuadorian Sweet Rocoto
Peru Bitdumi
Chocolate Bhutlah
Chocolate Brainstrain
Pipi De Mono
Aribibi Gusano
Peach Bhut Jolokia
Carolina Reaper
Peach Scorpion
Peach Ghost Scorpion
White Fatalli
Bolsa De Dulce
Tepin x Lemon Drop
PDN x Bhut (Ripens Cream)
Coyote Zan White
Red Primo

Three year old reaper doing it's thing.

Aji Omnicolor

Aji Dulce

Peach Bhut SS

Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion #2

Inca Drop Red

Farmer's Market Jalapeño

Bolsa de Dulce

Guatemalan Red Rocoto

Guatemalan Red Rocoto

Guatemalan Red Rocoto

Coyote Zan White

Ecuadorian Red Rocoto

Giant Peruvian Red Rocoto (Moraflores Market)

7 Pot Primo

Chocolate Brainstrain

OCD Chilehead said:
Great pics. Glad you figured out the issue. Very nice pod formations.

Congrats!
Thanks! The GS7 has been a PITA for posting stuff, but I'm glad I figured it out. I'll be given the Note 7 from my employer next month to replace it, so thankfully I will be back to what I'm used to. My Note 5 got soaked/ruined by a gin and tonic spilled by my wife's coworker at her company Christmas party last December. I miss the stylus and screen size badly!

You're definitely getting great results with your chiles... I'm astounded by the type and number of your Pubiscens varieties! Have you grown the Aji Oro Pube before? I'm thinking of growing it next year, but taste matters to me and I don't want to grow anything with "off" flavors. Cheers!

stickman said:
You're definitely getting great results with your chiles... I'm astounded by the type and number of your Pubiscens varieties! Have you grown the Aji Oro Pube before? I'm thinking of growing it next year, but taste matters to me and I don't want to grow anything with "off" flavors. Cheers!
This is my first year growing the aji oro, but definitely not the last. It's a great producer, very heat tolerant, and just a fun plant to grow. I prune mine to keep it from getting too wide. I should have some ripe pods sometime soon, so I'll make sure to let you know how they taste.

Brocoli said:
Lookin good! I've never tried Amarillo pods before, are they as good as amarillo hops? ;)
Lol, they are sweet and spicy, just the way a pepper should be. I brewed an IPA with some amarillo hops about a week and a half ago. I will be dry hopping it with citra, cascade, and 2 fresh aji amarillo pods. We'll see if the aji amarillo, and amarillo hops are synergistic after all! I did only use one ounce of amarillo, out of 8 total ounces of hops during the boil and flameout, so the amarillo flavor won't be extremely prevalent. I suppose I could always dry hop with one ounce of citra, one ounce of amarillo, and 2 fresh aji amarillo though if I felt like it. I've just always been a fan of the citra and cascade dry hop combo. Either way, it should be nice!

Great looking plants and home brew, I wish I could get my super hots to be as nice as yours.by the way have 10 gallons of wine,10 gallons hard cider and trying 3 gallons of cranberry cider for the first time.cant wait till they open up the wine/cider juice up at Walkers again.

Canes1 said:
Great looking plants and home brew, I wish I could get my super hots to be as nice as yours.by the way have 10 gallons of wine,10 gallons hard cider and trying 3 gallons of cranberry cider for the first time.cant wait till they open up the wine/cider juice up at Walkers again.
Nice! Many of my superhots are over winters, so they have a head start when I put them back outside for the summer.

I made 7 gallons of pomegranate wine earlier in the spring this year. It came out really good. I also make several large batches of mead every year, when I can get good local honey in a 60lb. bucket for a good rate. I definitely plan on making some hard cider this year once the orchards start offering carboy fills for cheap.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
Nice! Many of my superhots are over winters, so they have a head start when I put them back outside for the summer.
I made 7 gallons of pomegranate wine earlier in the spring this year. It came out really good. I also make several large batches of mead every year, when I can get good local honey in a 60lb. bucket for a good rate. I definitely plan on making some hard cider this year once the orchards start offering carboy fills for cheap.
How much do you cut back your plants for OW?Do you put fresh soil in too? Sorry I'm a newbie and want to save at least one each of mine for OW.

Out here can get cider juice for $5 gallon,$25 a carboy for fresh isn't bad.I made an Apple/Pom cider last year and it was great..I want to make Mead,and so does my son,but finding it reasonable is had. 2years ago my dad got 2 5gal buckets free as the farmer had to much

Back