• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TheGreenChileMonster's 2016 Grow

Well, I finally decided to start a Glog.  I have quite a few plants that ore OW from last year, and some new ones that I started this January.  Here is the list, lots of pics to follow, I'm still in the process of planting out.  Most everything is going into root pouches, and pots, but I do have 9 total rocoto plants in the ground as well.

Aji Amarillo
Aji Arnaucho
Aji Dulce
Aji Limo
Aji Pineapple
Aji Pacay
Aji Omnicolor
Aji Lemon Drop
Aji Fantasy Yellow
Peruvian Red Rocoto
Giant Peruvian Red Rocoto (Miraflores Market)
Rocoto Cusco
Mini Rocoto
Brown Rocoto
Orange Rocoto
Rocoto Peron
Rocoto Montufar
Red Manzano
Yellow Manzano
Aji Oro (Rocoto)
Aji Largo (Rocoto)
Rocoto Arequipeno
Guatemalan Red Rocoto
Guatemalan Orange Rocoto
Ecuadorian Red Rocoto
Ecuadorian Sweet Rocoto
Peru Bitdumi
Chocolate Bhutlah
Chocolate Brainstrain
Pipi De Mono
Aribibi Gusano
Peach Bhut Jolokia
Carolina Reaper
Peach Scorpion
Peach Ghost Scorpion
White Fatalli
Bolsa De Dulce
Tepin x Lemon Drop
PDN x Bhut (Ripens Cream)
Coyote Zan White
Red Primo

I've never sampled Pisco, so I don't know how it compares to Grappa, but I've helped an old Italian co-worker of my Dad's make the Grappa. There's no subtlety to it at all... ;)  It's like white lightning made with grapes instead of grain. After squeezing all the juice out of the grapes to make wine, he'd add water and sugar to the pulp and skins and let it all ferment in plastic buckets. The gas bubbles in the ferment would bouy the pulp, and it would float on the top like a cake. When the "cake" broke up and sank it was time to strain it out through some of his wife's old stockings and run it through a pot still made of clay.

stickman said:
I've never sampled Pisco, so I don't know how it compares to Grappa, but I've helped an old Italian co-worker of my Dad's make the Grappa. There's no subtlety to it at all... ;)  It's like white lightning made with grapes instead of grain. After squeezing all the juice out of the grapes to make wine, he'd add water and sugar to the pulp and skins and let it all ferment in plastic buckets. The gas bubbles in the ferment would bouy the pulp, and it would float on the top like a cake. When the "cake" broke up and sank it was time to strain it out through some of his wife's old stockings and run it through a pot still made of clay.
This method is used here in Romania.

az1000 said:
In Romania Slivovitz is called Ţuica ,Palinca , Rachiu in different parts of our country.
It's made from fermented plums sometime other fruits without sugar,water
The fruits must be very sweet
Yum, that sounds like it would make a fine distilled beverage!

A small update of some pods growing.

Aji amarillo

Aji arnaucho

White Fatalli

Tepin x Lemon Drop

Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion #1

Aji Fantasy

Judy's Peach Scorpion

Rocoto Peru Cusco

Aji Pineapple

Mini Rocoto

Ecuadorian Red Rocoto

Aji Oro

Aji Limo Rojo

This one is really interesting. It is an aji limo, from Peruvian seeds stock, but the pods are turning from green to purple. I have heard of purple aji limo, but have never seen one.

Trinidad Cherry

Guatemalan Red Rocoto (round pheno)

Chocolate Brainstrain (finally starting to ripen)

7 Pot Primo

Lemon Drop

Ecuadorian Red Rocoto

PDN x Bhut (ripens cream)

Giant Peruvian Red Rocoto (Miraflores market)

Guatemalan Red Rocoto (Elongated pheno)

Guatemalan Red Rocoto (round pheno)

Coyote Zan White

Guatemalan Red Rocoto (elongated pheno)

Bolsa de Dulce

Peach Ghost Scorpion #2

Farmers Market Jalapeño

Peach Bhut SS

Inca Drop

Aji Dulce

Aji Omnicolor

Carolina Reaper

Peru Bitdumi

Ecuadorian Sweet Rocoto

Aji Largo

tctenten said:
Sounds good. I look foreard to seeing more pics as it ripens.
Here is a pic of some ripe Trinidad Cherries I grew last year. They are on the right side, below the red and orange rocoto.

Attachments

• post-11500-0-04505200-1444087509_thumb.jpg
    post-11500-0-04505200-1444087509_thumb.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 61
wow :shocked:
:clap:
nothin small about that update :)

plants are looking great, pics look excellent :onfire:

i wish i had more Pubescens varieties growing this year
(many of them didn't survive the in-laws care when i needed to leave for a couple of trips out of town at the beginning of the year, when they were still tiny and fragile)

that Peru Bitdumi is incredibly fuzzy isn't it :)

i'm looking forward to more updates, keep doin what your doin. Pod progress is lookin great!

:cheers:
GIP

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
wow :shocked:
:clap:
nothin small about that update :)

plants are looking great, pics look excellent :onfire:

i wish i had more Pubescens varieties growing this year
(many of them didn't survive the in-laws care when i needed to leave for a couple of trips out of town at the beginning of the year, when they were still tiny and fragile)

that Peru Bitdumi is incredibly fuzzy isn't it :)

i'm looking forward to more updates, keep doin what your doin. Pod progress is lookin great!

:cheers:
GIP
Thanks, yeah the Peru Bitdumi continues to be the hairiest of the Pubescens for sure! I'm just glad they are finally putting on pods. I thought all 4 Peru Bitdumi were goners after the mites, but they are rebounding very well.

The aji amarillo IPA tasted just spicy and flavorful enough to bottle. It is a hop bomb, but you can still taste and feel the heat from the aji amarillo upon first sip. This one will be fantastic once bottle conditioned. I'm also stoked that my aji pacay is putting off pods now as well.

This aji amarillo IPA will be very refreshing to garden with in a couple of weeks once carbonated.

Aji Pacay finally putting on pods.

Plants look fantastic. Hopefully our weather will cooperate here and I'll have some more pods. That beer sounds pretty good. I think I'm going to have to experiment with some peppers in a brew. Keep it up

Back