• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Toleman's 2009

Toleman's 2009 *New Member*

Hi everybody im fairly new on here but have been a member on two English forums for about a year now. This is my second grow season and first growing chinense so I started some in November some in December and some in January.

My current setup is a twin 2" fluorescent fitting (2x 18w) with daylight tubes and a 20w Daylight cfl. The aim is to just keep them going till it warms up enough for them to go into the shed under a 250w envirolite. Based on manufactures figures its producing 1300w x 2 for the tubes and about 1100 from the cfl. I've tin foiled the area to help contain light and also used a piece as a reflector over the top of my fluorescent fitting.

My list of varieties and amounts:

Bhut Jolokia 1
Dorset Naga 2
Congo Black (choc hab?) 1
Red Savina 3
Big Sun Hab 2
Trinidad Scorpion 3
Jamaican Red Hot 2
Aji Brazillian 2
Aji Rojo 2
Safi 2
Red Habanero 2
Rocoto Orange 2
Peach Habanero 2
Fatalii Red 2
A. Caribbean 2
Hot Lemon 1
Equadorian Devils Breath 1
Naga Morich 1
Goronong 1
Aji Lemon 1
7 Pot 2
Thai Variety 2
Rocoto yellow 2

Few pics of progress

The smallest
DSCF0634.jpg

Biggest
DSCF0635.jpg

Height of Savina & Congo
DSCF0637.jpg

Over wintered Tepin that I hope will produce this year
DSCF0618.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Chris

Hi Chris, looking good. You're gonna have a great season with those plants, they look very happy with your setup.:)

Nice plants...welcome from Fort Worth, Texas

Nice, make that great looking seedlings, Chris. My only question is about the overwintered plant. The shoots seem to be a bit leggy. Are they getting much light or is this normal? I have 14 or 15 plants that are still being hidden from light.

Mike

As far as leggy shoots they appeared to grow like that last summer. It had roughly a 4' main stem 1/2" thick and tons of shoots like that from the top. It is receiving sunlight from time to time on the south facing windowseal. Its still winter here, 4" of snow last night.

Thanks for a warm welcome.

Chris

Toleman said:
My current setup is a twin 2" fluorescent fitting (2x 18w) with daylight tubes and a 20w Daylight cfl. The aim is to just keep them going till it warms up enough for them to go into the shed under a 250w envirolite. Based on manufactures figures its producing 1300w x 2 for the tubes and about 1100 from the cfl. I've tin foiled the area to help contain light and also used a piece as a reflector over the top of my fluorescent fitting.

Thanks for looking,
Chris

Hey Chris, welcome from Michigan. I love it when I see nice plants like that from a minimum of lighting. Beautiful seedlings.

Dale

Wow, the savina and congo look dense!
Do you only have a few of each variety because you killed off the weak ones or did you only plant a few. I have a hard time getting rid of "extras" unless they're real runts.

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome.

Caroltlw - I put around four seeds of each variety into damp tissue and put over my hot water tank.
I decided I would like at least two of each but some varietys had bad germination rates thats why there is 1 of some.

If I ended up with more than 2 germinate I put more than one seed in each pot then eventially pricked out the weaker.

I gave away a runt last year that did better than the one I kept! :(

Chris

Back