• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Tonys Chillis for 2008

mine were dark and slightly hairy when small.

The plants are shown in the pics above, 3rd and 4th down.

they are dark green stalked and hairy... almost velvel like and soft to touch.

will take more pics if you need them

cheers

hairy stems and leaves sounds like goats weed.
Tony you can always freeze extra pods down too especially if you just turning it in.to sauce.
Can't wait forthe rocoto beer lol

Rocoto beer...... there are certanly going to plenty of Rocoto's.

Im thinking of roasting then to sweeten them and take away that vegetable flavour they will put in the beer.

just an idea!

In thinking of making a Rauchbier with them in it. Its a grrman style smoked flavoured beer that is delicious! around the 6 to 7% mark should do it.

cheers

OOOOO im very excited.

A 7 Pot is born. I also have a Trinidad Scorpion doing the same! and i dug down a bit to find my Devil Tongue seed is on its way up.

Triplets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7Potisborn.jpg

I grew them in some old chinese containers on the windowsill.

babbiesinpots.jpg

Out the back the chocolate Habs are going well. Cant wait to taste one of these babies.

chocolatehabs1.jpg

chocolatehabs2.jpg

My mystery red hab type pepper is going great. I dont think its a red hab.... from what ive seen on the net they are more irigular shaped. Im thinking they are savinia red, from whay i could find in pics on the net. Guess i will never really know. cant wait to see how hot they are.

mysteryreds1.jpg

mysteryreds2.jpg

Mysteryreds3.jpg

Its a prolific little bugger. The peppers start out growing horozontally, almost erect then hang down once they get a bit of weight about them.

mysteryreds4.jpg

The goatsweeds are really firing. The plant is producing lots of ring burning peppers.

goatsweed1-1.jpg

They almost glow in the dark when ripe.... like your mouth after you eat one.

Goatsweed2-1.jpg

My brother gave me a Bancock upright that he grew..... its taken off in the last few weeks and started to produce.

bancockupright.jpg

baccockuprightclose.jpg

cheers

They all looking great. The 7pots are real interesting, I got a few up and going fingers crossed I get a pod or two in the next few months.

another harvest. This time i got chocolate habs and some red habs as well. My brother and i tried a chocolate hab and it wasnt as hot as i was expecting. fantastic flavour and aroma though.

Im going to try one of the red habs tomorrow.

Im thinking of making concentrated with these peppers as well as the thousands of orange habs so i can spoon it from a jar when and where i need it.

I was at my brothers place today and he has an orange hab plant that has between 100 and 150 large ripe orange habs on it...... and its covered in green ones too. We really dont know what we are going to do with them all.

Todaysharvest.jpg

Im still not really sure what the red ones are.

any ideas from this pip floks?

Redhabaneros.jpg

cheers

tony the harvest looks great. if you like chocolate habanero you should try the jamaican hot chocolate its another very good chile

as for your red chile, the red doesnt look dark enough to be a caribbean red habanero.

Na..... im thinking they are plain old red habs..... but im not going to complain. Im going to make a hot paste with them with roasted onion and garlic and fresh marjoram herbs.

will be great dipping sauce, painfull but great.

cheers

tony05 said:
Na..... im thinking they are plain old red habs..... but im not going to complain. Im going to make a hot paste with them with roasted onion and garlic and fresh marjoram herbs.

will be great dipping sauce, painfull but great.

cheers

I know there is recipe site to this site but that paste sounds so HOT that I have to ask for direction(recipe) please:hell::onfire::onfire::onfire:

Dont know..... havnt done it yet.

Im thinking a equal quantitiy of red habanero,s and tomatoe flesh (40 habs and 4 or 5 tomaties, skinned and de seeded) a half dozen roasted garlic cloves and a roasted onion or 2. Maybe even a red capcicum, roasted as well.

cook the tomatoes and chillis gently for 15 min to soften the chillies, perhapa add a dash of cider vinigar if its a bit thick. Add the roasted others, herbs and process till almost smooth. salt pepper and some brown sugar will help too.

I want it thick like a chutney to put on a staek.

thats what i have in my head. I just tend to put things together on the stove and see what happens. I usually get it right. I seem to have a knack for it.

cheers

Edit: maybe less chilli.... i want to be able to eat it :)

cheers again

Thread moved. Growing topics go here please.

Its been a few weeks since i posted on here. Thought i would update my thread with some fresh pics.

I have some new plants growing....... a trinidad scorpion, 7 Pot and Devil tongue

7potscorpionanddeviltongue.jpg

The 7 Pot is looking very healthy and is the pride of my flock at the moment. Thanks Trini !!!

7Pot.jpg

I laso have 2 baby Bhut Jolokia plants growing. Ther ar e almost as big as Billy Boys plants....... almost!

BhutJolokia.jpg

The two orange habanero plants i have are scary chilli machines. This one in a pot has produced around 150 peppers so far and is going again. Im going to look into getting jars and making jars of concentrate like BB's Naga jars. dont know if i will sell them or not, depends on if people want it i guess. Im sure i can find someone to give it to. Otherwise its the bin for them. you can only use so much.

OrangeHab-1.jpg

The goatsweed doesnt stop either. Its the toughest chilli plant i have seen. It doesnt seem to blink at very hot or very cold temps, dry, super saturated soil, you name it. It just smiles and grows nasty hot peppers.

goatsweed.jpg

My chocolate habanero plant has been producing well. I have had some problems with fruit fly in these, along with the Rocoto's that are all but ruined again.

chocolatehabs.jpg

My red habanero plant is great. The peppers are very hot and cant wait to make some concentrate from them

redhabs.jpg

cheers

Hi Tony, I noticed you've put very little plants in big pots. I did that with a few of mine to skip using the middle size pot when re-potting. I was told it wasn't a good idea because the plant soaks up to much water/nutrients, also when you re-pot you want a good root ball on it. Mine seem to be OK so far. Nice to see your pictures again.

peppers look great...those red habs mmmmmmmm...:drooling:

rainbowberry said:
Hi Tony, I noticed you've put very little plants in big pots. I did that with a few of mine to skip using the middle size pot when re-potting. I was told it wasn't a good idea because the plant soaks up to much water/nutrients, also when you re-pot you want a good root ball on it. Mine seem to be OK so far. Nice to see your pictures again.

I hear this all the time, and yet all us dirt people transplant into the ground from small cups or pots, and the plants certainly don't seem to suffer. I mean, we'd have to have a root ball the size of Canada to plant here in North America is that was true.

Thanks, I'll continue doing it the way I am then. It's so much cheaper when you think about the compost you're saving, not to mention buying 40+ medium sized plant pots which they will only spend a few months max. in.

Back