• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Torno 2011 Grow

I'll start posting updates to everything in this thread... As some of you know this year has been a messy one for me.. everything from fert burn, to swarms of thrips, to possible broad mites, tap water pH of 8.5 :O and who knows what else happened that Im not aware of. At first I was sure it was going to be a horrible season and it was, at first...but things have really turned around and most of the plants are starting to put on some growth... Even getting a good number of flowers on some... Here are few pics of some of the plants that I snagged a few minutes ago.

Bih Jolokia
bihjolokia.jpg

Choc Bhut
chocbhutXTRA.jpg

7 Brain Strain, AJ hooked me up on this one
brainstrain.jpg

Bishops
bishopscrown.jpg

Black Congo, AJ hooked me up on this one as well
blackcongo.jpg

Douglah, 12 days since it went into the Hydro Drip
douglahJun10.jpg

and... and... Had two eggs hatch in the last two days! I have little mantis all over the place... Still waiting on a third to pop.

littleone1.jpg

littleone3.jpg

littleone2.jpg

littleones.jpg

Good to know you're plants are doing good.

And now, with an army to protect against pests, its gonna be a walk in the park until harvest time.

Bleash

That's the plan, hopefully there is enough stuff in the garden area to get the mantis to establish year after year. I haven't seen any pest at all the past week or so, just a ton of these creepy looking flies that turned out to be beneficial.

As long as I can pull at least a sIngle mature pod from each plant I'll consider it a good year....

-J

I setup a DWC hydro setup and put the bigger of my NagaBons in there. Looks a little sad due to the fact it had all soil removed from it's roots and put into an entirely different growing environment haha. We'll see what happens! Thinking about doing this to the bigger ButchT and a late 7 Pot Yellow. I'm starting to dig this hydro stuff.

I'm sure I went a little overboard on cranking out the air in the water.

nagabon13Jun2011.jpg

-J

pretty cool with the mantis. the plant should do fine it usually takes within a few days to 2 weeks for it to adjust. everything is looking good...

I setup a DWC hydro setup and put the bigger of my NagaBons in there. Looks a little sad due to the fact it had all soil removed from it's roots and put into an entirely different growing environment haha. We'll see what happens! Thinking about doing this to the bigger ButchT and a late 7 Pot Yellow. I'm starting to dig this hydro stuff.

I'm sure I went a little overboard on cranking out the air in the water.

nagabon13Jun2011.jpg

-J
I also started one plant in hydroponics system, its a naga morich, they usually get a little shock from the soil to hydro, but onced they settle in ,they grow like crazy!!! I have another naga that was the same size from the one I added to the hydroponics, now my hydro naga its almos three times bigger!!!!! With hydro its all about the nutes.

Here is a short update of my late starts this year. Below are two comparative growth pictures with a 10 day difference. I'm going to keep these bad boys inside through the winter, who says the season HAS to end :P.

08June2011

Top Row: Butch T, missing NagaBon went to Hydro, Aji Crystal, 7 Yellow
Bottom Row: Butch T, NagaBon, Trind. Scorp., TS Mouraga Blend *it's been through ALOT*

latestarts.jpg

18June2011, about 5 minutes ago

seedlings18June2011.jpg

-J

Damn son! Everything is looking really good for ya. If anyone knows how good it feels to have plants recover, besides you, it's me. Save me some of your scorpion seeds by the way I want to those again next year now that I know what the hell I'm doing.

I should have all sorts of seeds to give you for next season. Hopefully that 10 day growth rate keeps going the entire time haha.

-J

I know what you mean! I started putting the sweets outside in the sun today (before always in the evening in the shade) and they started drooping. So I hit them with 24 ounces of water and by the time I put the jug back in the garage and came back out, that bad boy had his arms stretched to the heavens! Crazy how fast that works...did you ever figure out what the red spots on our plants were?

Quick Update on the Hydro peppers....

Here is the Douglah that I have on a recirculating drip setup. It's gone through three, four? weekly reservoir changes and seems to have finally settled into it's new environment. The last few days have really shown an burst in growth. It's starting to really pack on the leaves and now starting to get some height to it. You can still see a few leaves where the cat decided she would have a late night snack :\.

douglah_21June2011.jpg

Now here is the NagaBon in the DWC that has been in for two weeks. It too went through an adjusting period but has really started to grow. The roots are now reaching through the 10 inch basket. Again, the cat decided, to have yet another late night snack :\.

nagabon_21June2011.jpg

Another change was messing around with my little indoor grow space where the hydro and some late starts are. Added a small fan to keep the air inside moving around and also snagged an emergency blanket from walmart and cut it up to the specs I needed. I had just normal foil in the same spots all this time and have gotten some good growth on the late starts, hopefully the little extra reflected light will do some good.

indoorsetup.jpg

-J

Can't wait to see that Douglah in a couple weeks. Can we say BEAST!!!!!!

I hope so! It's just stout and bushy as all hell right now. This was my Douglah that split on the main stem as a seedling. Really excited to see how big this baby will get and how productive it will be. If it ends up being a monster, certainly going to isolate as many flowers I can and see what type of plants I get next year. Wanna see what kind of percentage of plants end up with the same early seedling split. What I am most interested in right now is if those main stems split yet again.

Here is a picture of the split the same day the above picture was taken on 21 June 2011

douglah-a_21June2011.jpg

-J

Quick update on a few plants... snapped this quickly as I was heading out the door..

Choc Bhut #1
chocbhut_24June2011.jpg

Bishops Crown
bishops_24June2011.jpg

Bih Jolokia
bihjolokia_24June2011.jpg

7 Pot --- This plant some how made it against ALL odds... After some TLC, it starting to really push out some growth spurts.
7pot_24June2011.jpg

This is the last update before I leave on vacation for nine day starting Tuesday morning. Going to be interesting to see what happens with my plants without any attention that whole time. Luckily I was able to get someone to come by in the middle of everything and water the peppers outside and give the inside ones a little bit. I'd rather not have my indoor grow setup on a light timer that whole time so I have to put them on their own in a room with the door shut, damn cats would feast until they were fat and jiggly if I didnt secure them haha.

Here is a picture from today of my late starts. They are in the same order as the above picture on 18 June 2011. Since that last picture they have been giving some worm casting and watered once with RO pH adjusted water with calmag and the FoxFarm Micro Brew. Once I am home from vacation going to get them potted up so they can really stretch those roots.

Top Row:Butch T, open space, Aji Crystal, 7 Pot Yellow
Bottom Row: Butch T, NagaBon, Trind. Scorp., TS Morouga Blend *this one is really surprising me on it's come back*

seedlings_25June2011.jpg

This pictures shows the comparison of NagaBons that sprouted on the same day, both started in soil. I decided to take one and put it into a DWC with FoxFarm nutes to see the comparison between the growing. So far the DWC is winning, even after a somewhat harsh adjustment period it has taken off to the point I am noticing some growth with each day.

nagabon_soilvhydro_25June2011.jpg

-J

Back