• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

travel Touchdown Atlanta! Finally on vacation!

thehotpepper.com said:
Cool! Is that is THP shirt on Sicky? If I remember he has red.

Of course. I had to represent. Plus it made it a lot easier for Armadillo to find me. Its amazing how retarded i look after 4 beers.

This is a sad last evening in Sarasota. Tomorrow we have our flight home. No more Welcome-posts from the US. Noobs will get my hello from Lake Constance again.
At least I can look forward to my pepper harvest and to testing the dozen of hot sauces I'll carry home.
So now I sit here with a glass of Scotch of unknown origin. Here's to you Sickmont!

About twelve hours ago now we came home. Lake Constance welcomed us like Florida said good bye: with heavy rain!
We have a major jet lag because it was like scarpetti said in one welcome post: "Kein Schlaf bis Deutschland!" I couldn't sleep on the whole flight.
My pepper plants have perfectly been taken care off so there will be a lot of harvest to do in the next days. Today I already picked a lot of Tabasco and lemon drop pods with a lot of green pods still staying on the plants. Pics will follow in my grow log.

Good to see you're all home safe mate.

despite having a great holiday and not wanting to leave, I'm sure it was great to get home as well?

And that's great your plants were well lookeed after.....Bring on the heat.

Sickmont......If you didn't say anything I wouldn't have thought you were slightly under the weather, I would have however thought that you naturally looked a bit freaky...:lol:

Kidding...

Dillo, I believe the first spider, the long legged black one in the first picture is the Latrodectus mactans or Southern Widow. To quote Wikipedia "The injection of venom from these species is a comparatively dangerous or lethal bite." Not one you really want to mess with.

The second one looks like a wolf spider, probably of the family Lycosidae. Pretty harmless

I currently have a female Southern Widow who made an eggsac for me yesterday. Sometimes you're just lucky I guess.

Armadillo said:
The next wild creature I found in the garden. It's a funnel weaving spider. First I thought this might be a hobo spider but it looks different. So what species is it?

HoboSpider.jpg

You are right, its not a hobo spider.

If you are in Germany, the Genus is Agelena, if in the US, the Genus is Agelenopsis.

These are among my favorites!~

Back