• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Trinidad Scorpion Appreciation Grow Event 2010

Interesting! I'm about 150 miles north of Karesuando, so it could be a couple of degrees warmer here.

Guess why I plan to bring all plant in during the nights this summer? :lol:

no updating the spreadsheet today folks....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...................

MrArboc said:
Interesting! I'm about 150 miles north of Karesuando, so it could be a couple of degrees warmer here.

Guess why I plan to bring all plant in during the nights this summer? :lol:

It is wild that you are able to grow peppers - do you grow them in a greenhouse or unprotected? Either way, I see why you bring them inside during nights...

Seems that the Manchester/Liverpool climate matches our Danish climate; chilly and wet summers. Actually it is a bit worse, sunshine hours statistically are less than in Denmark. So I guess Beatles were right about that English tan...

Aji Chombo said:
I get slightly depressed when I think of the average temperatures from where I live now (-ish. The link is to Manchester, 34 miles east, but then again, I don't speak Danish)
http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/verden/verdensvejr.htm?country=England&city=120044102&dag1=true

and where I'm from:
http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/verden/verdensvejr.htm?country=Panama&city=200507001

I'd say the bottom one was better growing weather, but I've grown more plants in Liverpool...:)

Donnie said:
It is wild that you are able to grow peppers - do you grow them in a greenhouse or unprotected? Either way, I see why you bring them inside during nights...

A protected patio. I also have a small plastic portable greenhouse that holds 6 plants, but that overheats really fast when the sun hits so I probably won't use that again.

Donnie said:
Seems that the Manchester/Liverpool climate matches our Danish climate; chilly and wet summers. Actually it is a bit worse, sunshine hours statistically are less than in Denmark. So I guess Beatles were right about that English tan...

Can't you tell from my avatar pic the awesome tan i've gotten since arriving in Liverpool? :P

The last red Scorpoin raised its tail this morning. 4 for 4
devilsmokin.gif

TriniScorpA.jpg

Have seed coming, hope to plant them by end of week. I will try to get as much info for the spreadsheet as possible.
Here's hopping for some REAL ugly:twisted: peppers!!
mark:)

Unfortunately, my germination rate has been VERY low: 20%. I lost power during the blizzard, and my germination trays got down to about 50 degrees F, and interrupted the germination for several varieties. Virtually all of my jolokia varieties are popping up now, so I suspect that others may have started sprouting, and were damaged by the cold.

I'm going to keep them in the heat, but am going to sow more. Two Trinidad Scorpion plants doesn't cut it.

However, some good news is that I already got some Brown Scorpion seeds in the mail from Novacastrian!

Heres my update to the T.S.A.G.E. The 6 on the left are my Asian Garden Scorpions and the 5 on the right are from AJ. I have only given them water, no fert yet.
Feb19TSReds.jpg

great pics all...

now for matters at hand....it looks like I won't be able to keep up the spreadsheet...I just started transplanting today and won't be able to do it for some time....probably October...... :lol:

sooooooooooooooooo...if anyone knows excel and wants to continue what I have started, pm me with an email address and I will send it to you...

OR..........we can just keep this fun and share our pictures and answer any questions that may arise about our growing technique.....

sorry, but that's the way it is....19 February 2010 @ 1217 hours

Its all good AJ. Personally, the spreadsheet doesnt do much for me, I always felt it was more for your own personal information. I vote we keep this thread alive and just have fun with it like we have been doing. If somethings not broke, why fix it? Unless of course you have an abundance of Duct Tape. LOL

AlabamaJack said:
....it looks like I won't be able to keep up the spreadsheet...I just started transplanting today and won't be able to do it for some time....probably October...... :lol:

:rofl:

No sweat AJ. I knew this retirement time would soon be consumed. ;)

Matt, are you THAT far ahead of me or am I THAT far behind?

Mine are JUST starting to hook, and I am zone 5.
Maybe I just got a late start.

Back