• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2020 glog

So I decided to soak seeds this time, finally, and I hope it will increase the germination rate, since last year rate was not so good anymore.
Hope it helps just a bit....

soaking22012020.jpg

Here are:
  - Kapija's
  - Kapija x Palermo
  - Aji Umba
  - Chupetinho
  - Habanero Chocolate
  - Habanero Golden
  - Caribbean Red Habaneros
  - Moruga Trinidad Scorpion
  - Rocoto

Maybel I'll add some later but this is the list for now.

Harry_Dangler said:
Grew a few from your list last year.  Aji Umba, Chocolate Habs, Caribbean Red Habs and Trinidad Scorpion Morugas.  Nice ones.  I wish you good germination success!  :metal:
Thanks Harry. Hope they'll sprout at decent rate. Just about to sow them now.

PaulG said:
Welcome to the 2020 grow season, Uros!

Nice variety on your list, hope they all do well for you.
Thank you Paul. I just wish I had the "drive" you do, so much varieties and care of the plants.
I just noticed I still have a few of your Aji yellow seeds (2014), just might to add them to the list...

What are you soaking in?  H2O2?

I am growing a couple that are on your list.  The Rocoto's and the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion's.  A guy I know wanted me to start some of them along with some Reapers and 7 Pot Primo's.  I guess I'll have to keep at least 1 of each for myself. :shh:

Good luck with your grow!

Tybo said:
What are you soaking in?  H2O2?

I am growing a couple that are on your list.  The Rocoto's and the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion's.  A guy I know wanted me to start some of them along with some Reapers and 7 Pot Primo's.  I guess I'll have to keep at least 1 of each for myself. :shh:

Good luck with your grow!
Chamomile tea, weak, just to loosen them up and disinfect a bit.
Rocotos are super tasty, Trinidads too, but I prefer Bhut Jolokias taste-wise. Need to get some seeds for them. Will visit some nurseries for seedlings - when time for replanting.
Thank you, good luck to you too.

tsurrie said:
Rocotos are super tasty, Trinidads too, but I prefer Bhut Jolokias taste-wise. Need to get some seeds for them. Will visit some nurseries for seedlings - when time for replanting.
Thank you, good luck to you too.

Hey, Uros, if there is anything you see in
my grow log from the 2019 season, PM
me, and I'll send you some seeds!

PaulG said:

Hey, Uros, if there is anything you see in
my grow log from the 2019 season, PM
me, and I'll send you some seeds!
Thank you Paul. Just might really ask you for some, I need to browse through your glog again now :)

Chorizo857_62J said:
I have had good success soaking in H2O2 and also just filtered water.
Good to know. Thanks.

Essegi said:
Good luck with your season!
Thanks Giancarlo. Luck is always welcome :)

Rocoto and Kapija's followed yesterday. Still waiting for the others :mope:

I went for a little trail run while waiting, the weather was windy/foggy but you can still feel the nature nevertheless.

our small city in the fog
img20200201084132.jpg

it was even darker than the picture, but almost magic / fairytaleish scenery
img20200201091642.jpg

the announcers of spring (we had no snow this winter, at all, the kids are angry about that but they still hope for some snow in february)
img20200201093301.jpg

the view from the rock
img20200201093520.jpg

and if anyone is wondering if schnapps-o-mat is still operational... it is, still works, and it's damn good when you're on that windy/foggy hilltop
img20200201094944.jpg

Cheers!

Tybo said:
I don't know if that schnapps-o-mat is open to the public or not but you couldn't do that around here.  No telling what someone would leave in that bottle!
Well, yes, it's open to the public but this is on a hilltop (~1000m above sea level) and everybody knows whose "schnapps" it is (farmer nearby).
It's a delicious distillate from, as they call it around here, "Tepka" pears (Pyrus communis).

CaneDog said:
Your landscape looks quite a bit like the foothills near me, leading up into the local Cascade mountains.  Nice that the weather is cooperating with you getting out and enjoying it.  And the schnapps-o-mat is awesome!  :)
I prefer sunny weather and views where you can actually see something, but it doesn't matter, the nature is beautiful either way.

Back