• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2020 glog

So I decided to soak seeds this time, finally, and I hope it will increase the germination rate, since last year rate was not so good anymore.
Hope it helps just a bit....

soaking22012020.jpg

Here are:
  - Kapija's
  - Kapija x Palermo
  - Aji Umba
  - Chupetinho
  - Habanero Chocolate
  - Habanero Golden
  - Caribbean Red Habaneros
  - Moruga Trinidad Scorpion
  - Rocoto

Maybel I'll add some later but this is the list for now.

PaulG said:
:bday:   :dance:  :metal:  :cheers:

Hope you have many more, Uros!

Keep up the good work!
Thank you very much Paul... :) we did have a very interesting hike and partied in a mountain hut, not far from the place on those photos from a week before

CaneDog said:
Well shoot, Happy Birthday tsurrie!
:cheers:
Thank you very much Cane.

stickman said:
Dang... He's right... Happy Birthday Uros! [emoji106] Don't spend it all in one place... [emoji6]

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
Well, I don't mean too. Although I did spend enough in those last days, but nothing drastical. You're not 40 every year huh? :)
Thank you Rick.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
Thank you Paul.

You're all too kind. I'm sorry I missed your posts yesterday. But I did't got to a computer at all. Had to call it an early night, was tired from a night before. :)

Essegi said:
Happy birthday!

Sauces look really good!

I really like this one!
Thank you Giancarlo.
They taste good too, Petrac knows what he's doing.

The place was so calm, hugged up in that fog.... I felt like I could stay there forever. But in the same time, a kind of gloomy. Hard to describe.

Today I got some seeds in the mail, from Paul. Thank you.

seedsfrompaul24042020.jpg

I will put them into soil these days and hopefully grow some nice pods :)

We've been hiking over the weekend because of the nice weather.
Took some nice pictures but my phone sadly sucks.

otliskookno24022020.jpg

sinjivrha24022020.jpg

sinjivrhb24022020.jpg

PaulG said:
Glad those seeds made it there, Uros!
I hope they perform well for you!

Love your hiking pix, as always!
They got here quite fast and I bet they'll sprout one of these days. Will take a pic and let you all know.

Currently they are among the solo cups on the right where only soil is seen in them :)
In the tray there are some Anaheim's on the left and Bhut Jolokias on the right, if I remember right. Those were sown in the middle of our hike to my birthday party in the dark with my headlight on.

growbox03032020.jpg

On saturday, I went for a run again. The weather was much nicer than the last time. The view was breathtaking.
hiking29022020.jpg

Finished making pizza for lunch when I got back, and it came out pretty well for my skill level. I'd say 8/10 and I'm not used of our semi-new electric oven.
pizza29022020.jpg

And the weekend was perfectly completed with making of a 6th batch of homebrew and tasting of the 4th....
... this one is mainly Pale Ale with about 1/4 addition of Pilsen, just a hint of Wheat and Rye. The hops give it a bitter and lightly citrusy aroma.
It's a light one with about 3,6% ABV. This will be repeated during the summer, it will be perfect on those hot evenings.

tasted4thbatch01032020.jpg

tsurrie said:
On saturday, I went for a run again. The weather was much nicer than the last time. The view was breathtaking. Judging by the topography, I suspect the run was breathtaking as well!
And the weekend was perfectly completed with making of a 6th batch of homebrew and tasting of the 4th....
... this one is mainly Pale Ale with about 1/4 addition of Pilsen, just a hint of Wheat and Rye. The hops give it a bitter and lightly citrusy aroma.
It's a light one with about 3,6% ABV. This will be repeated during the summer, it will be perfect on those hot evenings.
Great looking brew, tsurrie.  I like having those session beers for active days, especially in the warmer weather.  What were your hop additions?

And pizza and peppers too. All-around awesome post!

CaneDog said:
Great looking brew, tsurrie.  I like having those session beers for active days, especially in the warmer weather.  What were your hop additions?

And pizza and peppers too. All-around awesome post!
Thanks Cane. Exactly for active days, and then later just to extinguish thirst and prepare for a stronger one :)
Hops are Magnum at first, and Styrian Gold towards the end of brewing.

Here they are, they sprouted on the same day, yesterday. Seeds from Paul.

BJ Chocolate, JA Red Habanero and Scotch Bonnet MoA
paulspeppers12032020.jpg

I hope at least chilis will grow good this season, all of the other things are in question right now, because of corona. Damn  :mope:  things are getting serious. Schools are out for at least 14 days, I bet more. All of the events are cancelled or will be held at another time - music, sports, everything. Wishing it could soon get better but judging by other countries it will not go away fast. I guess we can all just be cautious and try not to get it, at least not at the same time, because then we're really fu@ked. I figure the aftermath will be bad too, another global crisis on the horizon.

Stay safe everyone.

I really like what I've seen of PaulG's JA Habanero.  If the pods taste even half as good as they look it should be a real winner.

Unfortunate the state of things right now.  I'm hoping the virus turns out to be seasonally-affected and the infection rate drops off as temperatures and humidity rise, but what little I've heard is they don't know yet.  Wish you and everyone else the best.

Growbox is already full and I still have to replant Paul's peppers and some more tomatoes in these coming days.
growboxa18032020.jpg

Today I replanted a few more kapijas, some Bhut Jolokias (i hope they are really Bhuts) and a lot of tomatoes
growboxb18032020.jpg

The box if full of solo cups and I need to prepare another shelve because a few more cups is about to join them.... I guess about 20 more and that's it for this season.

So I transplanted these seedlings to solo cups this weekend (seeds from PaulG) with all the tomatoes also, so I'm almost up to my capacity limit - pictures will come when they grow some more.
This was taken just before transplant.

paulspeppers29032020.jpg

And also, I decided to try out my first sourdough experience in the beginning of last week. So I started from scratch and made my first sourdough starter. I wish I've done that before. Tried to bake bread with it yesterday and I'm very satisfied with the result. I should of let it sit another hour before baking, but it's good anyway. Can't wait to try it with some pizza dough, I already have another dough maturing in a bowl for one of these days....

This is yeasterday's result which we tried this morning. I bet it would be softer or puffier if I let it sit a bit longer.
sourdoughbread29032020.jpg

I am excited to see how those seedlings grow
for you, Uros! Looks like pretty good germination
rates. Good work.

You have a pretty expansive grow this season,
my friend! I’m impressed. Looks like about 80
or so plants? Proud of you, buddy!

PaulG said:
I am excited to see how those seedlings grow
for you, Uros! Looks like pretty good germination
rates. Good work.

You have a pretty expansive grow this season,
my friend! I’m impressed. Looks like about 80
or so plants? Proud of you, buddy!
Thank you Paul. That is tomatoes included, but it will be fun and more crowded than previous couple of years.
Can't wait to prepare the garden. One of these days when the weather allows. Can't mingle, so I'll garden.

I hope they wont forbid us to get outside.... we are limited to our municipalities from tomorrow on due to the virus.
It's getting stricter by the day.

tsurrie said:
Thank you Paul. That is tomatoes included, but it will be fun and more crowded than previous couple of years.
Can't wait to prepare the garden. One of these days when the weather allows. Can't mingle, so I'll garden.

I hope they wont forbid us to get outside.... we are limited to our municipalities from tomorrow on due to the virus.
It's getting stricter by the day.

Better safe than sorry, my friend. Being out in
your own garden is probably okay since you
are not exposed to anyone else. Our stay-at-home
order is now extended to April 30. I wish our
weather was better, but nice weather is at least
6 to 8 weeks away. 

Back