• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Update, March 2, 2009.

millworkman

eXtreme
Just some pictures cause I like looking at them.

Mustard Hab on left, one month older than the Fatalii on the right.
IMG_2855.jpg

Overwintered Purple Tiger going into the garden bed out in front of the house this year.
IMG_2857.jpg

Onions, Tomatoes, Fataliis, Black Congos, Kung pao, Basil.
IMG_2858.jpg

6 weeks from seed and this jalapeno is producing buds. WOW.
IMG_2859.jpg

Just love to see pics and see how others doing maturing there babies. Looks like you have some great offspring there :)

Overwintered Orange Hab.
IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

Overwintered Numex Twilight, also going into the garden bed out front because it is pretty my wife says.
IMG_2865.jpg

kylestl said:
looking reall good and BTW that jap pic is a very nice closeup. wish my cam could do that

I have had my camera for over 4 years and just found out I could do this about a month ago.

40 plants so far, planning on about 15-20 more when it warms up, planting them straight in the garden for decorative uses and some more Jalapenos for stuffing.

good start for a new year mwm...things are looking great...I hope your overwintered Orange Hab produces really well for you...

Is there any trick to the pruning, I've never over wintered before (not sure if I'd need to, very seldom get frosts here not very severe anyhows), but I have quite a few good plants I'd like to keep this time so I can take cuttings for the next season

What a diffference a month makes in the first pic. It seems like they grow soooo slooowly until one day BAM they take off on you. :)

And I love taking pictures of them in the same position and looking at them over their young lives to see how fast they grow weekly.

millworkman said:
And I love taking pictures of them in the same position and looking at them over their young lives to see how fast they grow weekly.

So it's not just *me* then! They get so much attention my cat is jealous. But he loves peppers too - he rubs against the containers to let intruders know they aren't welcome near them.

JungleRain said:
Is there any trick to the pruning, I've never over wintered before (not sure if I'd need to, very seldom get frosts here not very severe anyhows), but I have quite a few good plants I'd like to keep this time so I can take cuttings for the next season

I took the purple tiger and numex twilight in to the garage when it became to cold for them outside. I left all the foliage on till it looked like they were going to die, took about 6-8 weeks for them to look that way. Watered them real well then cut back to what you see, also cut the roots down to about the same dimensions as the stem (I think I got that from Willard). Wash off all the old dirt and replant in a smaller container. Those two plants were in 5-gal buckets and are now in quart size I think. The orange hab I just cut back and put in an sunny window. When the foliage got to big I cut it back again but never repotted. It got infested with aphids so I cut it back again and now its going strong.

Back