• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Valentines Day?

Hey ya'll. Mrs. Blues asked me what I was cooking for her for Valentines and what other "festivities" I might have in store for her. I replied that it was "a secret" and it would ruin the occasion should I divulge any thoughts on the matter. She saw right through that I'm sure..i.e. I haven't a clue! Enough with the card and the chocolate and the flowers...that's all a given.

Dinner at her fav steak joint is out as its been booked for months. Same same with all the other joints she likes. Looks like I will be cooking in the Blues Kitchen. It may involve king crab and filet mignon..both are her favorites. Maybe even add some hollandaise into the mix. Another favorite. Maybe some garlic mashed. Asparagus. Who knows. At this point I'm winging it and saying a prayer.

What are ya'll doing for your significant other for Valentines?

Cheers ya'll, TB.

Valentines Day! BAH!!! Yet another corperatly created "holy day" specifically to suck yet more moeny out of us! BAH I SAY! BAH!

imaguitargod said:
Valentines Day! BAH!!! Yet another corperatly created "holy day" specifically to suck yet more moeny out of us! BAH I SAY! BAH!

Apparently the big corporations also sucked the spell check out of your computer as well! DOH!!

Cheers, TB.

I get a double whammy every year..wife was born on the 13th (yup Friday the 13th) and then Valentines day on the 14th...and she has let it be known that one gift for both won't cut it...(I know because I tried our first year together)...I haven't a clue...TB, at least you have an idea...

It's going to be filet mignon, sea bass, potatoes au gratin, asparagus, brownies and St Michelle Reisling here.

AlabamaJack said:
I get a double whammy every year..wife was born on the 13th (yup Friday the 13th) and then Valentines day on the 14th...and she has let it be known that one gift for both won't cut it...(I know because I tried our first year together)...I haven't a clue...TB, at least you have an idea...

Well, no!

I'm a December baby, and I got "this is your birthday present and your Christmas present" my whole life. I'd rather not get a gift at all then get the "Two, two, two gifts for the price of one" screw job.

I've never been one to care one way or the other about Valentine's Day. All the fuss seems a bit silly, why do you need a special day to be romantic. And please don't ever show up on my doorstep with a bunch of the over priced, pesticide-laced, hormone primed severed sexual organs of flowering shrubs that have been flown in with a great expenditure of non-renewable energy unless you really *do* want to see me gasp in horror.

:runs around the house screaming uncontrolably:

Oh wow, is it that time already.....:scared:

just kidding....:lol:

I'm planning on making the fried chicken we've all been talking about in another thread, but I'm not sure what will go with it yet...Any thoughts???

And for desert.....I am thinking about either 'golden syrup dumplings' or lemon pudding....

We made a decision together that we wouldn't get presents for each other this valentines day.....but I have got her a gold charm for her bracelet....

But don't worry....I'm a man so i'm sure I will do something wrong....:lol:

Hey girls, dont't forget the 16th of March. Thats steak and **** day.
True! It is! Check up on it if you don't believe me :)

would you beleive i have never had a boyfriend during the month of febuary... came close once, no dice... i haaaaaate valentines day...

TB - put some thought into dessert. chocolatey chocolate covered chocolate? and then put, like, a chocolate heart on it or something..

I think a box of those candy hearts that say "be mine" and the like is enough. Well, I'll find out.

I'd love to cook her a nice dinner, but 4,500 miles is a bit much of a commute. So i sent her a card, but i hope it gets to England on time. Last time i sent a card it barely got there on time.

Novacastrian said:
Hey girls, dont't forget the 16th of March. Thats steak and **** day.
True! It is! Check up on it if you don't believe me :)

If you need a special day to get a steak and a ****, you're doing something very, very wrong.

Can we keep the conversation a little cleaner please?

Back