• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Vids & Votes: The Subway Foot-long Face-off Challenge

Do we have a verdict as to whether or not DG77 is included? I understand her entry was late.

Yes - at 08:30 when I tried to change her name in the voting topic it was like 9:2 in favor.

So she is included.

There are 6 videos. 5 contestants completed it. Jamison suffered a reversal, so that allows 5 points to award in each of the categories.

Thanks for voting!

This was A LOT to watch. I've got my list tabulating right now. Several algorithms to run.

BIG props to everyone who competed... and the sponsors for making it enticing enough to grow legs.

I, however, know that I cannot finish an entire footlong in one sitting. I was out before this even started.

Do we have a verdict as to whether or not DG77 is included? I understand her entry was late.
dont know why i havent thught of this before? but bear"that guy" could have destroyed this contest. he never eats with his hands!

I am almost done drying and grinding a subway foot long, that will be the powder I give out!
ill send them habanero powder ;)

they might want to use it on the sub :rofl:

So to clarify voting... as I read it, we are listing from 5 (being the best) to 1 (being the least best) for style points AND for innovation points (each), right?

There are several that TIE in my book in one category or the other. This will be a tough one!

ok links??? voting topic?????

jajaja... That's what this thread is JAG. Read through it. Two things to vote on. Think of it as five stars to one star.

When is voting open? My computer models are done. I think I've got a visual on the projected outcome to this hurricane of a competition.

So to clarify voting... as I read it, we are listing from 5 (being the best) to 1 (being the least best) for style points AND for innovation points (each), right?

There are several that TIE in my book in one category or the other. This will be a tough one!

Correct. Each contestan who completed the challenge gets a score for each category.

Style: 5 = best, 1 = worst
Innovation: 5 = best, 1 = worst

:cheers:

ok links??? voting topic?????

lol - this is the voting topic.

Voting is open in 30 mins!
:woohoo:

I don't get the voting at all, and I'm a pretty fart smeller.

5 points for "style"
15 points for "innovation"
134 points for "time"
7points docked for being "late"

where's the results gonna be and shown, and updated?

who is gonna run these algorithms, and how do we know it wasn't done on a napkin?

I am voting. I have a winner chosen. And I don't wanna do a book report and math 505 to accomplish that.
I am voting for the most "captivating" for 20+ minutes, (each), and overall "entertaining".

***disclaimer (pre-sober-edit)*** I went thru 150 lbs of grout today, and I am HHWISKIFIED.

B O O M

Ima go shower now...

And I thought you had "Shit to do this evening, LDHS". :dance:

Vote:

Jamison DQ'd, but entertaining

I'll break it down style/innovation on points.

The Biz: 4/1
Compmodder: 2/2
DarthPepper: 5/3
HH81: 1/5
DG77: 3/4

I've got comments about WHY those numbers came out based on the algorithms run, but I think I heard that wasn't appropriate.

It should go something like this
THE BIZ
Time:1,2,3,4,5
Style:1,2,3,4,5
Inovation:1,2,3,4,5
Total=

HH
Time:1,2,3,4,5
Style:1,2,3,4,5
Inovation:1,2,3,4,5
Total=
And so on for each person voting
Except the time I guess should be an auto fill
AND NO BONUSES FOR BOOBS SITTIN ON THE TABLE NEXT TO THE SANDWICH

My god - it's not complicated.

Write down 5 names. Assign each of those names a point value between 1-5 for style.

Write down 5 names. Assign a point value between 1-5 for innovation.

There's 5 contestants. In each category, one will score 5 (e.g. "The best") and one will score 1 point (e.g. "The worst")

It's not that hard. Stop listening to Scovie. That'll make it easier off the bat.

Back