• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Vids & Votes: The Subway Foot-long Face-off Challenge

My god - it's not complicated.

Write down 5 names. Assign each of those names a point value between 1-5 for style.

Write down 5 names. Assign a point value between 1-5 for innovation.

There's 5 contestants. In each category, one will score 5 (e.g. "The best") and one will score 1 point (e.g. "The worst")

It's not that hard. Stop listening to Scovie. That'll make it easier off the bat.

Thought I'd bump this actual set of voting rules so Scovie's random douchebaggery doesn't obfuscate the genuinely helpful posts.

The Biz: DQ (Rule 9)
HHeat: DQ (Rule 8)
Detroit Girl: Style:3 Innovation:4 (cute kid :) )
Compmoder: Style:4 Innovation: 3 (rocking the composed face)
Jamison: ( Kudos for trying :) )
Darthpepper: Style:5 innovation:5

As I understood it we only used each number once? No offense to anyone. Its kind of awkward posting these votes like this. Would have liked to give higher scores to several of you. Grats to whomever wins.

Vote Revised: 2-28-13

There are some monkey butt hurt folks in this here thread.

450.jpg

Sorry Jamison, Aaron but... This is the Rule...

"8. Every bit of the sandwich must be consumed down to the very last shred of lettuce. If a slice of tomato drops to the floor, you will be licking up tomato slice off of your floor, hands-free, on camera, or you are disqualified. If a piece falls onto the table or plate, you're eating off the table or plate, so if you're a germ-a-phobe you might wanna scrub that surface before the contest!"

I am also sorry The Biz...

"9. Ice-cold glass of milk must be present, and in view at least once at the beginning. This is for temptation purposes only, and shall only be "legal" to drink after the 5 min "after-burn" period. Drink the milk and you're DQ'd."

I truly feel bad, but LDHS obviously made these for a reason, and they were "set in stone".

My votes are: style/innovation

DarthPepper 5/5

DetroitGirl 4/4

Compmodder26 3/3

Sorry Jamison, Aaron but... This is the Rule...

"8. Every bit of the sandwich must be consumed down to the very last shred of lettuce. If a slice of tomato drops to the floor, you will be licking up tomato slice off of your floor, hands-free, on camera, or you are disqualified. If a piece falls onto the table or plate, you're eating off the table or plate, so if you're a germ-a-phobe you might wanna scrub that surface before the contest!"

I am also sorry The Biz...

"9. Ice-cold glass of milk must be present, and in view at least once at the beginning. This is for temptation purposes only, and shall only be "legal" to drink after the 5 min "after-burn" period. Drink the milk and you're DQ'd."

I truly feel bad, but LDHS obviously made these for a reason, and they were "set in stone".

I do agree with Scovie on this one! Rules were set in stone! I think everyone did a great job but again sorry Jamison and hh you didn't finish and biz you had no milk and touched a pepper with your hand. So I do Hafta agree that Ldhs did say the rules were set in stone!!

The rules are the rules.

Technically, I did not say the milk was a DQ, only that drinking milk was a DQ. Just reading the rule it is what it is. That said its probably a deduction, but I'm not gonna tell anyone how to vote.

But not finishing = DQ. Thus Jamison, obviously, got DQ'd. I've not yet seen Aaron's video (it's the last & my head cold has kept me off the 'puter (on my phone right now) but he HH didn't finish, it's a DQ.

Using hands is also a DQ. So if Biz touched a bell pepper he's DQ'd. I must've missed it - will go rewatch.

:cheers:

I am not going to involve myself in any drama here, but I will say that Darth was the most entertaining, Biz was Biz, Compmodder was all business and handled that thing fast! Detroitgirl, good call on the cleavage. I gotta go with Darth 5/4 Comp 3/5 Detgrl 4/3 Biz 3/3 (with deductions) others DNF.

Sponsorship has it's perks. 3 shirts, 7 bottles of sauce + shipping? Yeah - I'm good thanks.

Besides, this prize package is pretty awesome and is likely to get better before the dust settles. I'd be shocked if no one signed up.

Edited because I misspoke. You do need to finish - it's in the rules.
:D

Apparently I didn't notice that this post was edited. Originally it said Time points would be deducted if you could not finish the footlong but could still earn points for Style and Inovation.

Iguess next time I will be sure to get all my ingredients on my foot long but request very little amounts, this way my sandwich will be smaller and I will be able to finish it ;)

Apparently I didn't notice that this post was edited. Originally it said Time points would be deducted if you could not finish the footlong but could still earn points for Style and Inovation.

Iguess next time I will be sure to get all my ingredients on my foot long but request very little amounts, this way my sandwich will be smaller and I will be able to finish it ;)

And that sir would def get you top innovation pts in my book ;)

Seriously ur gonna sweat me over a f**king glass of milk that in no way was gonna be drank. When clearly you voted for a guy that broke 2 rules in the last challenge. They were habaneros for chrst sake. What a goddamn joke

Pull my video im not gonna partake in this,

Some may not like me after this but oh well..... not trying to cause drama but if we go by rules technically we should only 3 people who finished..... ok.. there's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place so we already know everyone wins. I think that we should keep the six who submitted vids. Its bad enough it was supposed to be 15 then ended up being 10 then in the end only 6 submitted. Jmo. Opinions are opinions though.
That's all. Carry on.

Biz you're too badass to follow the rules? Just because you think it's stupid doesn't mean you decide weather the milk should be there or not. I give ya much love for entering but everyone else took the rule seriously, it's the way LDHS wanted it and he made clear to hash out the rules trying to make this an organized, well constructed contest. There's a lot of prizes on the line. Man up, except the fact that you didn't follow the rules and accept whatever LDHS's decision is.

Back