• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Vids & Votes: The Subway Foot-long Face-off Challenge

You've been quick to fire back at something that was never directed towards you, and create some more drama.... I'm outta h'ya.

Oh, I created drama by forcing you to come in here and be critical of how this was set up? Right. Makes perfect sense.

Let's recap: You criticized the rules imposed - I happened to be the one who imposed those rules. Associative property works last I checked. You said that the contest wasn't as much fun because of the way it was run - I was the one who put it together, therefore you criticized me. And I called you on it. Nice to see you backtrack though - try not to sprain something tripping over yourself there. :rolleyes:

You could have simply said nothing. Good way to avoid creating drama right there.

(tiptoes out of the "Who's on drama 1st" routine)

Whomever wins PM me for a nice spicy mixed box. But I am not peeking back in here. So it is up to you. :)

------------------------------------​

Now for the positive vibes:

Darth - you're friggin hilarous. Slow as molasses poured uphill in the winter, but funny as hell. Love the shout outs to the sponsors and the obvious pain you suffered in finishing this contest. You had a good time, and I salute your efforts. If my math is right, you took over 28 mins to finish this, which was at times painful, but you're a funny dude and I really enjoyed your video. You handled the habs no problem - I figured you'd not struggle with 'em. And your life coach is funny too.

Compmodder - you are a bad ass. You ate that shiz like a man and powered through it in 17:38. The habs were clearly no problem for you either and I am impressed. Loved the video - loved the determined effort. Appreciate the shout outs and you nailed this one.

Detgirl - I'm stoked the community voted to allow your video. It wouldn't be right for a power outage to deny you entry (plus then we wouldn't have had a 3rd place as it turned out!) - but you powered through this as bad ass as any of the dudes for sure and showed some mad cleavage to boot - usually we only get that when Biz is wearing a tank top. :rofl: You are absolutely a bad ass for finishing this one - the habs didn't appear to give you much trouble either and damn you killed that sammich! I didn't say this before the challenge entries, but I can't eat a subway foot-long either. I was impressed. For your 1st challenge of any sort you did a great job. 18:26 is a solid time!

I'll add up the scores at 4:00 PST - maybe we'll get a few more votes in the next 40 mins. For now those are the times I got. If anyone wants to double check the times I would be appreciative - I certainly can make mistakes. :cheers:

IF these times are validated as correct, then it goes:

Comp - 5
Det - 4
Darth - 3

I know there was overlap in Darth's video so it's possible I messed up the timing of this. Would love if someone could help out in validating that time for me. Don't wanna rob anyone here.
;)

OK, so the final scores:

1st place = Darth Pepper uses the dark side of the force to somehow edge everyone out with a total score of 97! Hate to say it, but he blew the competition. er, away! He blew them away. (/Demolition man)
:woohoo: Congrats Darth!

So close between 2nd and 3rd! Not so close that the time (1 pt difference) made a difference. It was really close though.

2nd place = Compmodder narrowly takes second with an overall score of 78! Style was a dead even tie at 40 points, but innovation was a 4 point difference. That narrow swing was the difference between 2nd and 3rd place.

3rd place = Detgirl77 - hell of a job, and so so so close to taking 2nd!

Great job to all 3 of yous - I've PM'd the 3 losers for their addresses & will send each of them a couple of bottles of LDHS for competing (Biz, thank you for reversing course and being supportive - it was much appreciated)

To those who won t-shirts/babydoll shirt, I'll need the preferred shirt sizes - please refer to the contest topic for the sizes available. I will also need your addresses. I'll get those out sometime next week. I also have the powder from Musky already (who sent me some too - you rock dude, thank you!

You'll also want to PM your addresses to each of the other sponsors to claim your 1st, 2nd or 3rd place prizes respectively.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to making this a fun contest. Sure, there was some necessary crap - life's too short to let that shiz get anyone down. The important thing is that I got to watch someone hurl, I got to stare at some cleavage and I get to send you guys some hot sauce. Mission accomplished. I thank you all for playing!
:woohoo:

Ps - for the prizes where it's "winner's choice" (e.g. Redhawk Premium, Lucky Dog, etc) - please also specify the sauce you would like from each of us when you send those PM's.
:cheers:

Lololololol

That's one thing about him he's a ppl person....he's a gabber....he's a holy shit I'm on camera I better ham it up!!! He loves the lime light!
he loves the night life...he likes to boooogy?

525246_10151454771665340_1392173022_n.jpg

Congrats Darthpepper! You certaunly put on a good show and are well deserving of top honor. Great job as well detroitgirl77. I thought for sure you'd edge me out. And a big thanks to LDHS and all the sponsors, despite some small drama (impossible to have an event without a little drama right?) this was a very fun event, and I hope to be able to participate in some more of these in the future.

Congrats DarthPepper! Way to use own it!

And to everyone else who posted a video, No way I could do what you people did. No way José.
Please PM your addresses, So I can send you something for participation!

I have a some addy's, but I still need:
The Biz
Jamison

Congratulations!

Here are the scores in case anyone wants to see:

style innovation Darth 52 45 97 Comp 40 38 78 Det 40 34 74

Darth - style: =5+5+5+5+5+4+5+5+5+5+3 / Innovation: =3+5+5+4+5+5+4+4+5+5

Comp - style = =2+4+3+3+4+5+4+3+3+4+5 / innovation = =2+3+3+5+3+4+5+5+4+4

Det - style = =3+3+4+4+4+3+3+5+4+3+4 / innovation = =4+4+4+3+4+3+3+3+3+3

There were some scores that didn't exactly follow the rules, but it is what it is. I used the scores that were posted (I didn't use the "corrected score" posted late, though it would not have changed the outcome)

Off to eat sushi & listen to some blues. Have a great night everyone!

Scott

Congrats to Darth, and all the competitors, and sponsors. Thanks for putting the thing together Scott, sorry it didn't go as smoothly as planned.

meh - shiz happens. It's the Internets. I get it. When things go south, there's a landslide of folks who want to pile on. I just smile and move on - life's too short. This was a fun contest to conceive, it was fun getting the other sponsors on board and worth noting that part was not a lot of work - they were all very enthusiastic about pitching in prizes. And it was fun to watch the videos. Everything else was window dressing.

meh - shiz happens. It's the Internets. I get it. When things go south, there's a landslide of folks who want to pile on. I just smile and move on - life's too short. This was a fun contest to conceive, it was fun getting the other sponsors on board and worth noting that part was not a lot of work - they were all very enthusiastic about pitching in prizes. And it was fun to watch the videos. Everything else was window dressing.

Scott, You put together an awesome challenge. Great job! :cheers:

Man o man, I don't even know what to say. First off, thanks to all the sponsors. Scott, great challenge man. To ALL to other contestants, great job. You guys(and gal) did great. Thanks to everyone that took the time to watch these vids and vote. This was an absolute blast. Thank you thank you thank you thank you.

Back