• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Vids & Votes: The Subway Foot-long Face-off Challenge

I've been MIA for a while and did a brief run through of this thread. Is it just me or have these challenge things gotten way too serious and way less fun? There were 11 rules to follow on this... The first pizza challenge between ItBurns and JHR didn't even have rules, only ingredients. It was a simple "hey how many slices of a pizza made in X way can you consume?" It was much more about the heat consumption over the "reality tv" drama. C'mon guys, bring back the fun. ease up on the rules, maybe drop the sponsors and prizes, or make it a blanket prize for finishing, the more prizes and crap there have been the more controversy has ensued. And hows about making the challenges a little shorter.... 30 min videos with 6 to watch? Ain't no body got time for dat.

So after watching and reading through this morning, I need tah get to work so I just cut and pasted the score I would have put up

The Biz: DQ (Rule 9)

HHeat: DQ (Rule 8)

Detroit Girl: Style:4 Innovation:4

Compmoder: Style:4 Innovation: 3

Jamison: Nice Try Brah

Darthpepper: Style:5 innovation:5

Great Job to you all!

I've been MIA for a while and did a brief run through of this thread. Is it just me or have these challenge things gotten way too serious and way less fun? There were 11 rules to follow on this... The first pizza challenge between ItBurns and JHR didn't even have rules, only ingredients. It was a simple "hey how many slices of a pizza made in X way can you consume?" It was much more about the heat consumption over the "reality tv" drama. C'mon guys, bring back the fun. ease up on the rules, maybe drop the sponsors and prizes, or make it a blanket prize for finishing, the more prizes and crap there have been the more controversy has ensued. And hows about making the challenges a little shorter.... 30 min videos with 6 to watch? Ain't no body got time for dat.

You try hosting one of these, then come talk to me.

This one had 11 rules because the McDouble one blew up for lack of clarity. That was the last one and everyone agreed that rules would have to be carefully spelled out to ensure the same BS didn't come up.

So the rules were carefully spelled out. And it blew up anyway because someone couldn't let go of feeling like they got cheated in the last contest - drama that had nothing to do with this one.

Just because you don't know the reasons behind something doesn't mean it was done without reason.

The rules were put in place to help avoid drama. But thanks for not voting and instead adding to the crap slinging - which of course makes you part of the problem in here.

Interesting that I'm the target of your criticism though when the drama/seriousness was caused by others. Really makes me never want to sponsor or host another contest here.

Irony: if you'd just voted instead of crapping all over this, it would have been a better contest and more fun for everyone. Especially me. :(

Can't believe how few votes we are having here. Come on guys start voting!! When I signed up for this, it seemed like a HUGE event. Not sure what happened along the way. LDHS worked his butt off starting this. There are some great companies and individuals backing this competition. And to see so little participation by way of actual contestants and voters is such a HUGE slap in the face to everyone involved. Lets go THP community!

Going to throw my vote into the mix:

DarthPepper: Style 5, Innovation 4
DetroitGirl77: Style 4, Innovation 5
Compmodder26: Style 3, Innovation 3

Gonna have to move the deadline up to 4:00 PST for votes. I'm going to see Robben Ford tonight & we're meeting for sushi at 5:30 PM, & it'd be tough to do on my phone.

Based on the slow rate votes are coming in & the fact that we added 24 hours to the original voting period I'm pretty sure folks won't mind.

Thanks to all of the contestants and sponsors. This has been more fun than some would suggest & I loved all of the videos - you guys (and gal) rock. I wonder how many style points Detgirl's cleavage got her? :rofl:

It's no secret that I don't like watching vids, but y'all got me to watchin' again! :rofl:

Kudos to you all.....even the DNFs did a great job! :D

Still not uber clear on who's eligible to vote on, but here goes:

DarthPepper....5/5
Detroitgirl.........4/3
Compmodder...3/4

Thanks to everyone for the entertainment! You ALL Rock!!!!!

So here's what I'm going to do - I believe in sportsmanship & there's something to be said for giving it the old "college try". As such, despite being DQ'd, I'm going to send Lucky Dog Hot Sauce consolation prizes to the 3 who entered but became ineligible for the main prizes.

Please PM me your addresses & ill get that out to you on Monday. :cheers:

You try hosting one of these, then come talk to me.

This one had 11 rules because the McDouble one blew up for lack of clarity. That was the last one and everyone agreed that rules would have to be carefully spelled out to ensure the same BS didn't come up.

So the rules were carefully spelled out. And it blew up anyway because someone couldn't let go of feeling like they got cheated in the last contest - drama that had nothing to do with this one.

Just because you don't know the reasons behind something doesn't mean it was done without reason.

The rules were put in place to help avoid drama. But thanks for not voting and instead adding to the crap slinging - which of course makes you part of the problem in here.

Interesting that I'm the target of your criticism though when the drama/seriousness was caused by others. Really makes me never want to sponsor or host another contest here.

Irony: if you'd just voted instead of crapping all over this, it would have been a better contest and more fun for everyone. Especially me. :(
I have followed all these challenges from when they began in the chat room, I never attacked you, just the way things have been heading in general. I'm not voting because I don't have the time to watch all these videos, I work 4 jobs these days and used to pop on here for some fun. You've been quick to fire back at something that was never directed towards you, and create some more drama.... I'm outta h'ya.

Back