• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! Oktoberfest Throwdown 2010

Who had the best?

• JayT - Jay T's Bhut-n-Beer Pumpkin Soup and Oktoberfest Braised Oxtail Ragu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • geeme - Oktoberfeist GeeMe Style

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I am still full, but would love to munch on all of these!

Geeme, how did you like the EKU?

Thought it was excellent! I had narrowed my list down to an Ayinger and a Weihenstephaner, but when I went to get sufficient quantity for the TD, they were out of both. So although I initially picked up some alternates, went back and picked up the EKU and Warsteiner (my son's fav), and the EKU ended up being my fav - better than the two I had first picked out.

Thanks for the recommendation!

WOW LB, those carnitas look great!!!!!

That dish belongs in a restaurant, but I would use a different bowl for your pico. It looks like an athletic "cup".

On second thought, it's perfect. I might serve my next drunken chef in a "cup" (it would be an enormous serving, enough to feed several people).
:)
Great job, congrats on the entry!

FD

Way to go with those custom Wurst SL :dance: and the crab puffs look fantaboulous G

Manly Batter and German Venus sound like a THP love connection :rofl: :rofl:

LB, that TexMex/Deutsch really looked tasty.

Gonna be a tough vote

Cooking like a madman right now! I got home at five and started up my food. Got some delicious stuff and it should be ready in five here. The posting is what is going to kill me, Wish me luck!

as always, awesome entries by all!

and thank you for the comments.

logchief, I looked at the schnitzel also, but opted for the sauerbraten, partly because there was a roast in the freezer that worked perfectly! Nice job by both you and TB on the schnitzels!

another great TD almost over.......ticktockticktock~~~~

any last minute posters?

edit- missed Matt's post...Go Matt!!! :woohoo:

WOW LB, those carnitas look great!!!!!

That dish belongs in a restaurant, but I would use a different bowl for your pico. It looks like an athletic "cup".

On second thought, it's perfect. I might serve my next drunken chef in a "cup" (it would be an enormous serving, enough to feed several people).
:)
Great job, congrats on the entry!

FD

Thanks...although I got in a little touble with this one. Mywife's first pregnancy had an interesting side effect where she was basically immune to spice...she could cook something that would literally put me in tears, and she would laugh with her mouth full. This pregnancy...very different. She glared at me as she power-chugged milk. I didn't think it was that hot...I almost fed it to my 2 year old.

matt post questions if you have trouble posting pics!

Thanks...although I got in a little touble with this one. Mywife's first pregnancy had an interesting side effect where she was basically immune to spice...she could cook something that would literally put me in tears, and she would laugh with her mouth full. This pregnancy...very different. She glared at me as she power-chugged milk. I didn't think it was that hot...I almost fed it to my 2 year old.
Pregnancies are strange things. I absolutely craved spicy foods for both of mine, ate Mexican or Tex-Mex every day, and both of the kids looooved hot stuff when they were little!

matt has been fully assimilated into the Chile Pepper Continuum.....

"...forget the food! MUST POST!!!"

:welcome: :rofl:

I had to listen to that yesterday...."I'm Starving! Can we eat yet?" hubby says...."just sit down and hush up...you ain't getting food until Mom's done with pictures". :cool:

Done and posting as we speak. The food is going to wait sadly... :(. Thankfully the beer is cold!
Yeah... I get the feeling that's how it goes for many of us. I've found it's better to make sure the pics work out before chowing down. Like the first pics I took tonight - forgot the freakin' beer! That's no good! Be sure to put the cash in your pic, too!

Ok here we go.
Ode to your Mom

Sticky and Hot, like your mom, Shrimp
One bottle Hefeweizen
Katchep Manis
Onion
Garlic
Red Carribean
Shrimp, skins on

Rich and Beefy, like your mom, Beef Short Ribs

Beef Short Ribs
Barley
Carrots
Celery
Onions
Garlic
Porchini Mushrooms
Marzen Beer
Salt
Pepper
Chiles Del Arbol, fresh
Italian Seasonings
Hefeweizen

Only having two hours I pressure cooked the ribs and made the rest while doing it.

P1010704.JPG

P1010707.JPG

P1010711.JPG

Enjoy and may the force be with us, always...

YEA! MATT! :woohoo: Ya Did IT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back