• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! SumOfMy Dutch Oven Cooking Throwdown

Who has the best?

• JayT - Watch Your Six Pepper Pork

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TB quit crying and plate it up or you get the DQ tiara! :lol:

TB quit crying and plate it up or you get the DQ tiara! :lol:

I have a solution. missylou came up with this...

IMG_2963.jpg

There's some serious competition goin here. SL and SoFlo absoutely OUT FRICKEN STANDING. Anne definate points on the cooking out in the snow in the tank top.

Having to go to a funeral today and pot up plants tomorrow and packing for another week away is a decent excuse I guess, but Hell I would'nt have stood a chance with that supurb cookage anyway. Gotta get back in next month, been remiss.

You guy are sure lucky I dont have a dutch oven lol. SL you live in the mountains and cooked some awesome looking food!

I have a solution. missylou came up with this...

IMG_2963.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

geeme- the big Lodge DO used for the enchiladas is our newly acquired CI piece. The cobbler piece is also our own. The piece used for the rice is from the neighbor's.

About 5 days ago, I went to the neighbor's to pick up the DO she said she'd leave out for me to use. I couldn't find anything but a rusted up pot on their back porch, not the one I returned so nicely seasoned last summer!

After a few hours of scrubbing with steel wool, oiling, baking, rubbing, etc....it was finally conditioned enough to use.

Now the question is.....do I "forget" to return it? :lol:

LC- hope you can get back into it next month. Real life does get in the way sometimes. Thanks for the comments.

Definitely some superb cookage posted! Looking forward to more~~~

thanks LnF- thrift stores are a good resource~~~

Too buzedto punch teh final....manaana for ssorre. Bluezdawg' missylou is wexcited about her first thowemdwon. I lubem yalll looooong time!

Too buzedto punch teh final....manaana for ssorre. Bluezdawg' missylou is wexcited about her first thowemdwon. I lubem yalll looooong time!
Booooooo you're gonna go buy plates instead of doing it the real cowboy style. Man up.

Was that a real comment? What does that mean?

:rofl: Dem mountain folk can actually cook?

yep! An' we haz indoor running water alsoz. I heerd that soon therez te be 'ectricity!
justkidding

LnF knows we live out in the middle of no-where. 100 miles one-way to the nearest Costco, half that to Wally-world. We do have indoor plumbing and electricity. ;)

It's all good~ :cool:

Holy crap, SumOfMyBits.

I read a lot of the cooking threads. A lot of stuff looks pretty damn good, but that was the first dish that really, really made me hungry. Absolutely amazing.

Translation:
The wife is out of town and I got drunk... big-time. I cooked something, I think, and I was about to plate it in dog bowls. I'll hit ya'll up tomorrow because I love you... and you're awesome... and can out-cook me... and I'm druncfffffff.

True Story.

There was too much WIN tonight for him, he's gonna hope we forget when he posts mannnannnnna.

Holy crap, SumOfMyBits.

I read a lot of the cooking threads. A lot of stuff looks pretty damn good, but that was the first dish that really, really made me hungry. Absolutely amazing.

FJ- thanks!
It was damn good. With the capers and olives it was also the perfect saltiness. We're swilling beers with ease after this meal.

No, you caught me. They were blistered on a grill prior to freezing. I guess by that logic, the tomatoes would have been enough to DQ me since they were blanched in boiling water prior to peeling, crushing and freezing. I guess if I would have used can green chiles and canned tomatoes it would have been ok since someone else did the roasting and peeling. That will teach me to use my own produce. Cest la vie.

Were those chiles roasted in the DO? Looks like open flame to me, which will be unfair to those using pots only. Just checking.

No, you caught me. They were blistered on a grill prior to freezing. I guess by that logic, the tomatoes would have been enough to DQ me since they were blanched in boiling water prior to peeling, crushing and freezing. I guess if I would have used can green chiles and canned tomatoes it would have been ok since someone else did the roasting and peeling. That will teach me to use my own produce. Cest la vie.
It's okay. We can consider them prepared ingredients, you did freeze them after all, so really, they were. :)

Translation:
The wife is out of town and I got drunk... big-time. I cooked something, I think, and I was about to plate it in dog bowls. I'll hit ya'll up tomorrow because I love you... and you're awesome... and can out-cook me... and I'm druncfffffff.

True Story.

true story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back